BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Templates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sensode Black 2nd page into blog possible?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2020 at 6:38pm
Thank you so much Hobby001
I really appreciate very much all the help you are giving me

WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2020 at 2:00pm
Getting back to this topic again...

How long/How many entries should a page have to allow quick upload?

So currently I am in the 4th entry of the "blog".

The overall template is maintained.

Homepage: I keep the News as it is, maintaining the three last entries with links to the specific entries.

Actualités page: 
  • I am adding entries in reverse order with the same configuration (anchor-Fenetremodal-Cadre).
  • Anchors are working pretty well (thanks again for going through the project Hobby001).
So, the question is, what would you recommend as the maximum number of entries per page?

This is, is it advisable to keep 1 sole page for all the future entries, or do you recommend to create a new page (actualités2) once I reach a certain number of entries -and then make a link between the two for any user that scrolls)

Thanks

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2020 at 2:56pm
The best thing to do is to test it yourself.

Open Chrome

Open the developper<s mode <F12>

Click on the Network tab

Clear the cashe <Ctrl><F5>

Look at your page loading time.  Stay within 2 to 5 seconds.

WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2020 at 3:22pm
Thanks!
It is still below 2.5... (aside from the favicon, which always comes last and has waiting time in both Homepage & actualités)

Readings are great
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2020 at 5:40pm
Favicon?
That sounds strange, because usually it has a size of 16x16 or 32x32 pixs,
and be named *.ico
That schould really just pop out.
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2020 at 10:56am
that is what I thought...
I created the favicon through a website, that rendered back three files:

16x16   .png       534 bytes
32x32   .png    1.26 Kb
48x48   .ico    15.0 kb

Since there was only one with the .ico suffix, this is the one  I used

The only other file in the OE  "File Library:  Files/Other"  is the google code
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2020 at 11:46am
Favicon.
The real usable size is 16x16 .ico

That means, a larger size 48x48 has to be (down)scaled by the browser.
Needing unnecessary transmission time and time to downscale and to display.
I would stick with 32x32 pix. That also looks nice on smarties.

Better use another tool to create a favicon, pe GIMP.

Edited by digizar - Jul 11 2020 at 11:49am
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2020 at 11:55am
Many thanks!
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2020 at 10:28am

Hi again,

I hope summer is treating you well.

The blog is working fine, I am up to 9 entries now (1 per week) and I have seen no problems so far. Entries consist on a picture and 500-900words. (see  https://mydatamygain.com/actualites.htm#news9)

Regarding its weight and charging speed, checking with chrome (f12 and f5 as you showed me), downloading time stays well below 2500ms.

I have three questions:

a)    Numbering: As per previous entries I have replicated the "sequence" Anchor, FENETRE_MODAL_# and cadre#. 

I am now entering into the two digits (news 10 is coming next week.). I see the numbering in the template has two different number formats. Anchor#  and FENETRE_MODAL_# have 1 digit and and cadre## has 2 digits.

Will I face any kind of problem with the change to two digits in the anchor? i.e  Anchor 10 will go after Anchor 9 or will it appear before?  If the latter, I can see that I can change all the anchors to two digits, but then, what happens with the links published in social media to the articles?

b)   Maximum size of the page: As said, charging time is ok.  Most of the viewers will access directly one of the news  visitors mostly access last published news and some “laggards” access directly the previous one. Few people scroll down.  So the question is, how big/long/many entries  should I set as maximum before considering the creation of another page? (i.e Actualites 2)

c)    Autonumbering: For every new post I replicate FENETRE_MODAL_#, and I have to change all the numbers in all its components (MODAL_CONTENT#; pan_img_##; PAN_ACTU##; etc.  I have noticed that in “pan_img_##  -> Content ->image(#), the number of the image is automatically changed.

So, although I need to change all the numbers after replication  (i.e: when creating post 9, I replicate the sequence in post 8 and the numbers appeared duplicated MODAL_CONTENT_8(2) ; so I need to go one by one changing the number  “_8(2)” to ”_9”

I presume that the fact that image(#) appears with the “right” number is just a coincidence between the number of entries and the number of files named image in that part.

Still, is there a way to make that when one changes the number of the top element (FENETRE_MODAL_#), all the components take automatically that number? (There is always a way, so I’d rather rephrase the question….Is there a simple way?)

Any help in the above will be very welcome.

PS.  Since the three questions affect the blog format, I decided to make 1 sole entry. Let me know if for queries and search purposes you prefer that I split the question in three posts)

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2020 at 11:46am
Originally posted by WattJet WattJet wrote:

Hi again,

I hope summer is treating you well.

The blog is working fine, I am up to 9 entries now (1 per week) and I have seen no problems so far. Entries consist on a picture and 500-900words. (see  https://mydatamygain.com/actualites.htm#news9)

Regarding its weight and charging speed, checking with chrome (f12 and f5 as you showed me), downloading time stays well below 2500ms.

I have three questions:

a)    Numbering: As per previous entries I have replicated the "sequence" Anchor, FENETRE_MODAL_# and cadre#. 

I am now entering into the two digits (news 10 is coming next week.). I see the numbering in the template has two different number formats. Anchor#  and FENETRE_MODAL_# have 1 digit and and cadre## has 2 digits.

Will I face any kind of problem with the change to two digits in the anchor? i.e  Anchor 10 will go after Anchor 9 or will it appear before?  If the latter, I can see that I can change all the anchors to two digits, but then, what happens with the links published in social media to the articles?

Leave the old anchor name as they are

They are treated as names not numbers they can be anything, there is no sorting system

b)   Maximum size of the page: As said, charging time is ok.  Most of the viewers will access directly one of the news  visitors mostly access last published news and some “laggards” access directly the previous one. Few people scroll down.  So the question is, how big/long/many entries  should I set as maximum before considering the creation of another page? (i.e Actualites 2)

The larger the page is, the longer it takes to load to load.  The rest is yours. You may split it into more than one page as you wish.  You may group these news by type or subject. 

c)    Autonumbering: For every new post I replicate FENETRE_MODAL_#, and I have to change all the numbers in all its components (MODAL_CONTENT#; pan_img_##; PAN_ACTU##; etc.  I have noticed that in “pan_img_##  -> Content ->image(#), the number of the image is automatically changed.

So, although I need to change all the numbers after replication  (i.e: when creating post 9, I replicate the sequence in post 8 and the numbers appeared duplicated MODAL_CONTENT_8(2) ; so I need to go one by one changing the number  “_8(2)” to ”_9”

I presume that the fact that image(#) appears with the “right” number is just a coincidence between the number of entries and the number of files named image in that part.

Still, is there a way to make that when one changes the number of the top element (FENETRE_MODAL_#), all the components take automatically that number? (There is always a way, so I’d rather rephrase the question….Is there a simple way?)

Any help in the above will be very welcome.

Renaming all the components is for your own help. It ease to view what you are working on.  It is not madatory. 

The only thing is that the element ID (WE....) must be unique on the page.

PS.  Since the three questions affect the blog format, I decided to make 1 sole entry. Let me know if for queries and search purposes you prefer that I split the question in three posts)

It is better with one question per post.  It ease understanding and answering.  It also help when someone search the forum for answers on a specific topic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic