BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fram or group of elment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKGyim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fram or group of elment
    Posted: May 11 2020 at 7:11pm
Can some one tell me the difference between fram and group of element? I understand group of elment can change the property from absoulte to relative and fram is default to absoulte, but when I should use fram instead of group of element? I am a new user and have very little knowladge of computer. Thanks.
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 7:55pm
The frame is an old element from openElement's origin.  It can be used if the parent element is in absolute mode.

A group of elements is a container that you can use to structure your page no mather absolute or relative mode.

That being said, in order to fit all screens, a site must be responsive.  Responsiveness is not possible without relative mode.  Therefore it is more efficient to use a group of elements.
HKGyim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKGyim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 9:25pm
Thanks for answering my question. I am a new learner and know very little about building a website page. some more questions:

- So, Frame is used for contain text input and image. Am I right?

- When I drag some download file element in a group of element (for readers to down documents), the elements will all line up in a horizonal line becasue I have set the group of element to relative (as I want the site to fit in i-pad and mobile mode). How can I  make them line into a vertical line? 

Thank you.
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 9:31pm
I would strongly suggest not to use a frame.  Allways use a group of elements

If it is your first site, you may use a template and modify it to your needs.

If you click on an element some icons show-up in the lower left corner.  Click the first on the left you will see arrow icons, use them to change the element order and relative position.
HKGyim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKGyim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2020 at 10:06pm
Thank you for your prompt reply. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic