BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Websites Created with OpenElement
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Page missing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Page missing
    Posted: Jan 12 2020 at 3:49am
Hi there, could you please help me somebody with my problem?Cry I have done my catering website but when I check it in preview penultimate page with photos is missing. Maybe I just hide it by mistake but I can´t find any button to put it back. I can see the page normaly in openElement but not in preview.. Thank you for your help!! 
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2020 at 4:20am
Hello barbora,

The only way I can help you is if you show your site.  Is it hosted somewhere?

Otherwise you may create a back-up copy of your site using OE utility and share it with me trough https://wetransfer.com/ or https://www.dropbox.com/login?cont=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fhome

I am in Canada so I live in a different timeframe.  Use the forum's private messaging to send me the link if you choose to use WEtransfer or drop box.

Edited by Hobby001 - Jan 12 2020 at 1:59pm
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2020 at 5:28pm
When you preview your page, be sure to have the images really on the right place.
Means, you should use the complete *Publish to Web* or *Export to Folder* at least once.
And whenever you change any image, you sould repeat that.
Otherwise you would see the former image.
And keep wondering why the hell, doesn't show up the recent/new image.

You could *Publish to Web* as the first run, without images:
*Do not export resources* - which infact is a very nice option.
But it has to be performed at least once, so the images are being transported.
Without it you would not see any image at all. Because there are simply none (yet).
Because they are (still) missing at the location the page links point to.
That would also be true for *Preview*.

That also stays true for huge background images.
And it is assumed that the images are 'invoked' to OE as resources.
If the image(s) are located somewhere else (may be in a private directory/folder), they can not be shown on any page.
That is a very nice option of OE.
You keep the originals intact in your local/private directory, and you pick only the required images to be included as resources. Comfortably grouped.
It took me awhile as beginner here to figure that out.

PS:
It could be helpful if the VisiteCard would mention the location (City/State) of the member.

Edited by digizar - Jan 12 2020 at 8:09pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2020 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by digizar digizar wrote:

PS:
It could be helpful if the VisiteCard would mention the location (City/State) of the member.

It does but only if the forum member populates the proper field in his(her) profile.

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2020 at 6:52pm
But I agree with you digizar.  

Since we are living on different continents, therefore in different timeframes, it is valuable do display the participant's origin.  

On the other hand I also agree that it's up to the participant to make the choice.

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2020 at 6:54pm
@barbora, 

To be able to help you we need to see your work.  Please publish your site and provide us a link.

Edited by Hobby001 - Jan 12 2020 at 6:59pm
barbora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2020 at 11:37pm
Thank you guys for your responses! I am actually trying to publish it for you..Smile Have to check some tutotial video how to do it... Can I still edit my websites when I publish it? I am sorry maybe silly question.. 
I bought my domain and hosting yesterday at 1stdomains.nz. 

When I see the preview the penultimate page is actually there but only 1cm hight and when I scroll it I can see all the pictures are there.. I tried to delete all images on that page and add image gallery then saved the page but it still the same. I´ll try to send you the link asap.

Thank you for your patience!! 

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2020 at 1:17am
Originally posted by barbora barbora wrote:

Thank you guys for your responses! I am actually trying to publish it for you..Smile Have to check some tutotial video how to do it... Can I still edit my websites when I publish it? I am sorry maybe silly question.. 
I bought my domain and hosting yesterday at 1stdomains.nz. 

Looks like you're in New Zeland.  Wellcome aboard!

Publishing your site will transfer a copy of all the required files to display your site on the net.

You will be able to keep developping and modifying your site.  You will have to republish it to update your host.

When I see the preview the penultimate page is actually there but only 1cm hight and when I scroll it I can see all the pictures are there.. I tried to delete all images on that page and add image gallery then saved the page but it still the same. I´ll try to send you the link asap.

Thank you for your patience!! 

digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2020 at 12:10pm
Quote When I see the preview the penultimate page is actually there but only 1cm hight and when I scroll it I can see all the pictures are there.. I tried to delete all images on that page and add image gallery then saved the page but it still the same.
Most probably you 'forgot' the canva-size of the Base-Layer. That includes/embraces the page size (two).
That are 2 specs.

One is the frame of dotted lines around your working area.

Two is the size of the 'action area', there the content(s) resides.
You may change that size from layer/page to layer/page, even if the base layer is specified;
that new definition will override the BaseLayer.
Layers may be nested/stacked, and therefore they are thee important tool - besides the styles (CSS).
Usually, the settings *inherit* (on a page) is very well recommended (>three).
There is no *Save* button, but when you leave that settings (x), it will be activated, attention!

Three: (inherit the size of the layer)

Four: layers can be assigned to a page

Edited by digizar - Jan 13 2020 at 10:07pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2020 at 9:38pm
Publishing info 

Project Tab => Preferences

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic