BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

YouTube Videos Not Displaying!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hjiorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YouTube Videos Not Displaying!
    Posted: Oct 28 2019 at 9:41pm
So, I found an issue that never occurred during all my testing: All of my YouTube videos are not being displayed.  I'm not getting an error message or a Flash warning button, they are just not there.

https://www.digitalcasemanagement.com/tutorial_demo_video.html

I have done two things since outputing this version from OE:

1.  I successfully installed a certificate and now my website is secure and has the HTTPS designation.

2.  I changed all of my .htm extensions to .html, because google search results were directing to .html and displaying a 404 page when clicked on. 

Could either of these changes have caused my YouTube embeds to be blocked?

-Hjiorst
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 12:36am
Good eavening Hjiorst

I looked at your page and every video displays well now.

If you renamed tour pages from htm to html, you must understand that any changes made to your site using OE will overwrite it and you will have to change them back again.
Hjiorst View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hjiorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 1:12am
Thank you for checking my website and providing the observations. 

As a matter of fact, they are still not showing on my browser.  

I will investigate this further....
-Hjiorst
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 1:27am
You may try hitting <Ctrl><F5> to clear your browser's memory
Hjiorst View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hjiorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 4:53pm
First of all, this never occurred during the entire creation process.  It never occurred when I ran the server from the OE app and it opened in Firefox.  It never happened when I just opened the page from my desktop in Firefox.  And it never occurred any time I uploaded it to the "New Directory" folder on my server and viewed it from my own web domain server.

Now, it only occurs when loaded on my server when viewed on my computer via Firefox or IE.  Even if i use my phone's hotspot instead of my home ISP router.

I can see my videos on Chrome on my main computer, an HP Zbook G3.  I can see my videos in Firefox when I load the page from my desktop.  I can see them from my domain server on my cell phone, and my other computer (a newer model of the HP) on Firefox. My wife can see them on every device she has tested: mac laptop, her cell, an old iPad - in our home using the same internet.  She will check her office computer, but I suspect that she will be able to see them there.

Nobody here has reported not seeing them.  I'm now going to check friends and family, to see if they see them.

It would be very weird if suddenly - immediately after loading my pages to my public HTML server and setting up HTTPS - both Firefox and IE would decide to no longer display my embedded videos only on my main computer. 

But that is what seems to have happened.

If it were just one of these browsers, that would narrow this down so much. 

This is weird.  Still tracking it down.  Any ideas appreciated.
-Hjiorst
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 5:09pm
I could run your videos Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Brave  and Vivaldi.  Opera and IE failed.

Are your browsers up to date?
Hjiorst View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hjiorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 6:27pm
Solved it, and I think it can only be a problem with OE.

When creating the element for a YouTube embed, OE creates three different versions of the embed link to YouTube.  (I assume that this is for the different formats in a responsive website, but that's just my guess.)  Here is an example from my Tutorial Videos page:

As you can see, the first code contains the HTTPS, but the next two are written without the "S".  (Why would it do that??? YouTube is an HTTPS site!)

As I mentioned, I got a certificate and made my site HTTPS.

Firefox, when displaying a secure page, will not display an element of a page that is Mixed Content: that is, anything with an "HTTP" source.  I assume IE is the same way, as is Opera.

Unless you turn off security for the page, which I did and it all showed up fine.  I then went in and added an "S" to all the embeds in all the pages with them, and as you can see, they show up fine now. 

Or they should.  I only have Firefox, Chrome and IE.  But I'd bet its true.

-Hjiorst
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 7:07pm
You can get rid of OE element by using an iframe into a Code Block (Visual)

for example: 

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yo6sF99mOD4?rel=0&autoplay=1&mute=1" width="700" height="350" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen">
Hjiorst View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hjiorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 7:46pm
Honestly, adding the "s" was pretty simple.  I figured it would screw up the responsiveness if I replaced the OE code with the standard embed code from YouTube.

-Hjiorst
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2019 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Hjiorst Hjiorst wrote:

Honestly, adding the "s" was pretty simple.  I figured it would screw up the responsiveness if I replaced the OE code with the standard embed code from YouTube.

Putting it into the Code Block element provides control over it size.  (Just in case you need it  Wink )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic