BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Websites Created with OpenElement
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

openElement needs your support!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: openElement needs your support!
    Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 9:57pm
Hi everyone!

As you know, we are working tirelessly to continuously improve openElement and make it the best web authoring tool available. If you are happy with the software, there are some free and easy ways to support our effort and the community:

- Sharing/Liking/Following us on social media: http://www.openelement.com/share.htm

- Rate and review openElement on software download websites, like Download.com, Softpedia, Softonic, Soft32 etc.

- Talk about openElement to your friends and family.

- If you participate in other forums/communities (reddit, dedicated forums, stackexchange, etc.), talk about your experiences with openElement.

- Participate in discussions on this forum and help out those who may be having issues.

- If you are ambitious and want to put together any tutorials and/or instructional videos, please link to them here.

Thank you!

The OE Team

Edited by Chris OE - Feb 05 2014 at 9:58pm
handy1912 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handy1912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2015 at 2:18pm
Chris OE,
Why did it take me so long to find Open Element? I am a beginner with 1 site live. Just a hobby built in Incomedia wesite x5 free. It is free and it works but has severe limitations in the free version. www.oldmarathonrunner.co.uk
Your interface is by far the best, good looking,modern and does not look thrown together by a bunch of kids as most of them do, of any I have tried and I have done battle with most of them. The last one was Kompozer where I discovered that If I were able to actually install a pregenerated nav bar I could not view it in browser and would have to upload to server to see if it worked. What sort of a tool is that? So called experts recommend it.
I have tried to do two simple things in open element, remember I am a novice and not really interested in learning code or being verbally abused by coders just for my hobby site. I can not get a menu installed pregenerated by free web buttons and my 123 contact form pregenerated again only shows half the form although it works. I have used the block things which I learned about from the forum. I have been unable to get anyone to tell me where to put the files with icon images etc. for the nav bar in any wysiwyg editor help section so that I can actually understand.
Maybe you do not cater for absolute beginners like me but all sites need header footer and navigation. A lot of beginners and as far as I can make out so called pros use pregenerated navigation and forms. Surely it would take less than a day for someone who knows what he is talking about to make a video explaining these aspects. It is just a suggestion. If I knew how to do these things I would write a tutorial for duffers like myself. I am a pensioner and the only cost I can really manage is the annual domain name fee. So free software like your own is brilliant.
Sorry to rabbit on. Finally I do not wish to annoy anyone by asking these questions on the forums if they would be unwelcome. I do not understand forums and usually end up upsetting someone.
Sorry to be so verbose.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2015 at 4:59pm
Hi,

On this forum people usually get help, except when there is a problem with a specific Windows version that we cannot resolve having no way to reproduce the error. It's true that tutorials are badly missed, we will try to fix it later.

If you need to use external files, best is to put them into Files/Other (there, you can organise files into subfolders if you wish, ex. Files/Other/css, Files/Other/js etc.) openElement automatically uploads the contents of this folder.

Concerning your form, maybe the Visual Code Block (which is what you normally need in this case) is fixed-size, check in its Properties -> Size to set Auto (other options are Width only, Height only, Width and Height).

Good day
D
wynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2015 at 6:59pm
I love Open Element. I am working on 2 new sites and I plan to promote it once I can get the sites online. I have figured many of the features. If I can get support in getting some of the elements functional, I will generate You Tube videos for the specific elements no one has been able to get functional. I have not been able to find usable forum answers of support for several items.

Today, I am trying to get the Captcha working. I am new to php but I have mastered many aspects, posting, input validating against mysql database i created for users, ect....

I have tried placing the captcha on a page with submit button, a submit form with and without validation to another page where i
    session_start();
    $captcha = $_POST["WE8602b927ab"];  //* Get Captcha input */

I get to the page no matter what, I was looking for a boo-lean, an array so I could compare the captcha for validation, ect. NO LUCK.

I can talk up open element on my business face book pages and you tube, but I have to get it functional. I don't need much help. but I do need an example code/project with a few elements on it to test. This can be on my site or OE to download. Success comes from making things available. They are self perpetuating. Please help me to help yourself.
Thanks,

Wynn
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2015 at 7:35pm
Hi,

Here, those asking for help usually receive it. Please create a separate topic for each problem you encounter, orat least one topic for them all. Captcha with Send Form is not very obvious, I will look and tell what to do.
I should check
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2015 at 2:59pm
Here is the solution to test Captchas:

digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2015 at 10:32am
You guys did a great job.
Thank you so very much.

ries1971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ries1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2016 at 1:56pm
Hello Chris,

Is it true that the templates not working in version 1.53 ?
I cannot check the checkbox.

Thanks
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2016 at 2:22pm
Hi,Could you please elaborate? The templates should work like before..
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2016 at 2:24pm
P.S. If templates are disabled, it is possible that OE is blocked from accessing the template library (or the Internet itself). Do you see the page "Welcome to your openElement" when you launch OE?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic