BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Customizing page for responsive format changes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2019 at 11:57pm
Here is what I get on my cell

What template have you used?
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2019 at 11:20pm
Off topic.
The images you show, seem to be very huge in size, and they tumble in very slowly, unacceptable.
Recommend: make these images smaller in size.

Edited by digizar - Oct 21 2019 at 1:23am
Hjiorst View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hjiorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2019 at 1:03am
I have come a long way with my website and am in the final stages.  But every time I think I have the process of making adjustments for the different media format layouts, I suddenly find myself back at square one.

My experience is that with OE, when customizing the layout and such for smartphones or tablets,  What You See Is Definitely Not What You Get.  It seems to do well enough with the Default page format, but switching to smartphone gives you something other than what shows up on my phone or on the simulated smartphone on the Firefox browser.

This is what I see on the OE window when in "Smartphone" mode:

What I see on my own cell phone (viewed on Chrome) is very different.

Thirdly, neither are what I see on the simulated GalaxyS9 view on Firefox.  (ctl-shft-M)

What matters, of course, is what a cell phone is actually displaying.  What I got now is not far off from what I want, but it is stubbornly refusing to do what I want.  The main problem I'm having is with my main page's header, which is part of a design layer.

I cannot change the logo image size.  Is shrinks a little for the smart phone, but only to some unknown parameter.  The number I enter into the width table seems to have no effect.  300px, 100px, the image stays the same.  The page links (Main, etc.) reposition themselves into two rows, which is fine, but I can't make them any different size on the phone or the  browser sim. 

Both of these do get smaller in the OE window, it is just not reflected in the browser or the phone.

I also can't seem to get the skitter image to shrink enough to fit within the screen, though that is part of the main page, not the design layer. 

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Edited by Hjiorst - Oct 19 2019 at 1:06am
-Hjiorst
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic