BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Templates
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Responsive" Behavior From Template (Essential)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Responsive" Behavior From Template (Essential)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hjiorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Responsive" Behavior From Template (Essential)
    Posted: Aug 01 2019 at 6:26pm
I am working from the "Essential" template and have successfully made many changes and customizations, but I have now discovered an issue with responsiveness.  This may be due to my misunderstanding of what a "responsive" website is, or maybe Firefox does not actually emulate a smart phone display properly when you hit ctrl-shift-M. But this is my problem:

I feel that the text and images in the "smart phone" are too large for my liking.  I'd like them to be about 75% of what I see in these screenshots.  I'd like to end up with at least the header below to show.  Is there a way to reduce the size of the smartphone version without reducing the main page version?

Any help appreciated, thanks,

-Hjiorst

-Hjiorst
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2019 at 1:46pm
It's hard to help without a link to your page.
Hjiorst View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hjiorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2019 at 11:41pm
So, I was nervous about and unsure how to post my new, unfinished web pages while my existing website occupies the domain.  But I figured out how to do that.  Here is a good page to check out:

Thanks for any advice!
-Hjiorst
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2019 at 11:37pm
I can't help you with this matter.
But I'd recommend to use a different font, pe Arial.
Or maybe https://www.wfonts.com/font/segoe-print looks nice.

Edited by digizar - Aug 05 2019 at 1:34am
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2019 at 1:17pm
Hi, i'm back from days in the bush without Inertenet.

When I look at your site with my cell phone I see no responsiveness in it.

The Essential model being responsive by default, you must have done something wrong affecting it.

Edited by Hobby001 - Aug 06 2019 at 1:19pm
Hjiorst View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hjiorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2019 at 9:13pm
Yes, you are correct! I saw that also, after I posted my last reply.  I was experimenting with a thing Confused but thought I had put it back to its original form.  I checked again and corrected it properly, and now it is working again. 

I re-uploaded to a re-named directory, here is the new link:

After that scare, what I got does not look so bad anymore.  Still, I would like to know if there is some way to reduce the size of the text and images just by, say, 20%, but only when loading in a smartphone window.  Is that theoretically possible?

-Hjiorst
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2019 at 4:02am
You will have to use OE's Media Query utility.

On top of the edit pane you have 2 buttons: Source Code and Edit Medias

Click on Edit Media and select Smart Phones [portrait].

Then select the targetted text and then use the Element Style Zone in the main menu to assign a media specific size.

Edited by Hobby001 - Aug 07 2019 at 4:02am
Hjiorst View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hjiorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2019 at 8:03pm
Awesome!  Thank you.  So... I ask for a specific thing... on the internet... and someone tells me where to find the exact thing I'm looking for.  That's really weird.

I've been hacking away at that, making progress but am having some issues, but I am headed into the sticks myself.  Will reporort progress later.  Thanks again!

-Hjiorst
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2019 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Hjiorst Hjiorst wrote:

Awesome!  Thank you.  So... I ask for a specific thing... on the internet... and someone tells me where to find the exact thing I'm looking for.  That's really weird.

This is the forums's purpose.  Users to help users for everyone's benefit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic