BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problem between 32 and 64 bits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem between 32 and 64 bits
    Posted: May 26 2019 at 3:51pm
I first tried to search the forum, but I haven't seen something similar.
Hi. I have a new windows 10 64 bit installed and I started to do some page for a friend of mine. Trying to see the home page done, I was looking for Firefox, but oE shows me only Internet Explorer as possible browser. The FF installed is a 64 bits, but also IE is a 64 bits...I don't want to use IE. How can I do? Do I have to install also a 32 bits FF? At same time  oE downloaded a .net version 32 bits and installed it...
How many chances do I have to use oE with Windows 10x64?

Edited by Bravo12 - May 28 2019 at 11:15am
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 7:52pm
Everything works fine here for years with win-7/64. Should work under Win-10, too.
Probably you did not assing the FF as default browser?

Indeed, try to avoid the IE, that asks for some 'discrepancy'.
Also the Edge 'misinterprets' some details of oE. The Chrome, too.
Recommend to use the FireFox, now in version 67/64.
Vivaldi works fine, too. Even the old safari is fine.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2019 at 12:12am
Before I had windows 7 32 bits and oE was working fine. Now I had to install win 10 and I had this surprise. FF is my default browser and oE doesn't shows it. It shows only IE without any other chance. Probably 'cause is a 64bits version? But IE too is a 64 bits... I really don't understand

Edited by Bravo12 - May 27 2019 at 11:29am
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2019 at 11:45am
Project...Export to Folder...Send. It puts all files to c:
After the export, it will pop up the WindowsExplorer (aka FileManager).
There it should display the icon of  the FireFox (if FireFox is the default).
If not, it will propably display the IE, which you (and I) don't like.

If FireFox does not show up, then it is a Win-10 System Setting.
Means FireFox ist not the default browser, is not known to the system.
I think you know that, so forgive me this 'esplanation'.
It's not known to me that Win-10 prevents the FireFox from running.

Probably you might try Vivaldi.

I have an uncertain feeling, that this english forum is not monitored anymore.
So probably you (and  i) could ask in the french forum?
Preferrable in german language, or in plain italian, pe: Stronzo ShockedLOL

I'm really afraid of that this excellent product (oE) will disappear. It really would be a shame.
So I already found Contano (WordPress based). Right now checking on that.
And wysiwygwebuilder, that just doesn't fit the oE completely.
Money doesn't matter for me. It's a hobby.

I'm aware of that this oE is a 'freelancer' open source project on a voluntary base.

Edited by digizar - May 27 2019 at 11:52am
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2019 at 3:07pm
" Project...Export to Folder...Send. It puts all files to c: After the export, it will pop up the WindowsExplorer (aka FileManager).There it should display the icon of  the FireFox"
and in effect I see it. The problem is when I am making the page and I need the quick preview to check if everything is visible... there oE shows me only IE as option browser... why it doesn't shows also FF? I'm afraid that is 'cause IE is installed by default in two different versions, (32 and 64 bits) and FF only 1 version 64 bits... Probably oE doesn't read programs at 64 bits... I don't know anymore what to think.

I go check better some parameter ... I'll let you know

digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2019 at 3:35pm
You are right, ist does NOT show the FireFox as selection drop down, but it invokes it, if FF is the default browser.
So it might work if you just click on the Preview-Arrow - and if FF is the default browser.

Alternatively you could use the already mentioned Vivaldi-browser, which either does not show in the drop down, but works if selected as default.

The Opera shows anyway always, regardless whether default or not.
As do google Chrome and Safari.

But never FireFox.

I did not even notice. My system Win-7/64/prof. FF-67/64. oE-1.57-R9.
Sounds strange, but if it works, hell, it's ok.
But, it makes me feel nerveous.

Edited by digizar - May 27 2019 at 3:43pm
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2019 at 11:13am
Yeah! I found the same conclusion late at night, after trying (with unsuccess) to use a portable version of FF at 32bits... I would understand why oE can't keep anymore FF as other choice, but it sees IE...

"But, it makes me feel nerveous. " eh eh  Angry

So now we know how does works oE with windows 10 64 bits... I think is the important, 'cause I was near to use my laptop with again win7 at 64 bits (there oE works fine), but it's a laptop and not so confortable as a desktop...

digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2019 at 12:03pm
Let me guess a reason.
The 'scanning for installed browsers' just does not include ALL browers.
OE obviously has such scanning list, fixed programmed by names.
If it works, it's fine. Who cares. Keep on rolling.
Anyway, oE is the finest WebDesing tool, I've found.

Under progress: https://blumenfotos.net
May take a year or so to complete ...

Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2019 at 6:05pm
"OE obviously has such scanning list, fixed programmed by names."
So why doesn't keep Firefox in that list? I really was going crazy to find how to launch FF directly and when I tried with the up black arrow it started with my surprise...

Surely oE is the best wysiwyg around. No other can do the same... it would be a shame ending it...

As you like flowers try to check for Panace di Mantegazza and share to all peoples you know, the danger of it! There are lot of pictures online of this dangerous and common plant. Many people think it is a Sambucus and after touched they need hospital...

Edited by Bravo12 - May 28 2019 at 6:06pm
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2019 at 6:27pm
Quote "OE obviously has such scanning list, fixed programmed by names."
So why doesn't keep Firefox in that list? I really was going crazy to find how to launch FF directly and when I tried with the up black arrow it started with my surprise...
It's the way it is.
I Think, the team is busy with some important job, and they wait until a reasonable amount of 'to fix' issues accumulated. And then fix these issues, error bug, ...
btw: Alert, do not delete a folder under control of oE, your product would be gone forever. You really need a backup to recover.

Quote Surely oE is the best wysiwyg around. No other can do the same... it would be a shame ending it...
Well, that's true ... I will do my best to keep it alive. As paid retiree I don't need it for commercial reason.

Quote As you like flowers try to check for Panace di Mantegazza and share to all peoples you know, the danger of it! There are lot of pictures online of this dangerous and common plant. Many people think it is a Sambucus and after touched they need hospital...
I know that giant plant. It is a dangerous speci. One does not even have to smoke it. LOL
In Germany it's named 'Herkules'.

Edited by digizar - May 28 2019 at 6:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic