BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scrollbars in Containers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 8:38pm
I understand that since the GoE is a <div> containing everything and it is probably something inherent in html that it has a z-position for the entire box. I was just wondering if there was a way to have anything have a larger z-position but be able to click on the things with a lower z-position instead.
The Element renders on top but no box collider for the user to actually click on.

Edited by Gorksmash - Jan 28 2014 at 8:38pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 8:56pm
Sometimes it would be convenient indeed. But it would require a logic like "if no bacground, check underlying items". Or a combination of a key+click to force the selection of underlying elements..
Gorksmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 9:01pm
probably could make it work with a custom javascript element since you could program more advanced behavior. Thanks for helping to come up with solutions for this ridiculous problem, lol.
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 9:15pm
Found these links interesting should you want to fashion a workaround. They mention pointer-events CSS property:
Gorksmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gorksmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 10:08pm
oh, this is exactly what I was talking about, too bad IE has to ruin everything all the time making us use javascript for it instead of just css. thanks for filling me in.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic