BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do users think of Paid Support for OE?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do users think of Paid Support for OE?
    Posted: Feb 23 2019 at 6:30pm
Would anyone be interested in paid support for Open Element?

I'd certainly be willing to pay $25 for a 24 hour turnaround on a request. 

Example:

When I use the Google Analytics feature in Open Element, site visits don't register in Google Analytics. 

When I read the htm file I see that Open Element inserts the Google Analytics code somewhere around line 20. 

Google Analytics says to post the code at the top of the htm file. 

If I publish to file without the Google Analytics and manually edit the htm files to insert the Google Analytics code at the top (line 2), save, then upload to the server, all works fine.

The problem is that this is time consuming and I have multiple url's which ultimately will be similar yet slightly different websites. To think that I have to do this for 8 pages on 10 different sites means eventually I'll have to do this 80 times every time I want to change something. What a nuisance!

I'd be very happy to pay someone to tell me how to fix this.

It seems like Open Element lost traction a few years ago. Maybe if there were a paid support option such as I'm describing it would garner greater interest in Open Element.
Jedwardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jedwardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2019 at 9:22pm
I'm a big fan of the program myself.  If they were more active in the forums right now I'd purchase the guideline extension or paid for support... or both.
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2019 at 10:18pm
Seems like there is more action on the french side of the forum.

There is a premium support item on it.  (pay for support and faster answers).  

Most of the time it's used by poeple who want some work done on their site.  Of for questions requiring longer explanations.
Ubaldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ubaldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2019 at 9:44am
It is good to pay someone who will fix the problem genuinely.
Considine
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2019 at 11:08am
Originally posted by MikeFL MikeFL wrote:

When I use the Google Analytics feature in Open Element, site visits don't register in Google Analytics. 

When I read the htm file I see that Open Element inserts the Google Analytics code somewhere around line 20. 

Google Analytics says to post the code at the top of the htm file. 

If I publish to file without the Google Analytics and manually edit the htm files to insert the Google Analytics code at the top (line 2), save, then upload to the server, all works fine.

In fact you can put their code in Code Block (source) and you can locate it in the header if you wish.  Therefore you will not have to rewrite it every time.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic