BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Static Header and Footer, scrolling center content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Static Header and Footer, scrolling center content

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Moe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Static Header and Footer, scrolling center content
    Posted: Dec 15 2018 at 2:29am
So i thought i saw something about this in another post, but i can't seem to find that post now, so apologies if this is a repeat ask.

What i am trying to achieve is simple, or so i think. i am constructing a site offline, to replace an already existing one, but i can't do the initial publish until this build is effectively done. what i am going for is a site with a header, which houses the logos and navigation(done) as well as stays on screen locked to the top(problem 1), a central body that holds the content from the various pages, and a footer bar that that positions itself at the bottom edge of whatever screen or window is viewing it, and stays there. if there is enough content to need scrolling, such content should only appear in the central body, and not overlap the header or footer

currently have a header and footer built in my base layer, content from pages starts below the header, but the header scrolls offscreen, and the content overlaps the footer, which also moves with the rest of the content.

the last time i built a site "sharky's netscape frames tutorial" was a thing, so i have a bit of a catch-up that i am doing. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2018 at 10:27pm
Hi,

1) Use the top menu Page-Responsive-Page Sections to configure header, footer and central content

2) And/or You may force CSS position: fixed by a CSS Code Block (Source), but this requires some CSS knowledge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic