BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

database connection error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: database connection error
    Posted: Nov 12 2018 at 1:33pm
I have created a site with the 4 User packs 10-40. 
Since my host does not support SQLite, I opted for MySQL for the database and configured it. 
Locally, I am able to use the pages but when I upload it to the web server, I get a Database Connection error 

MySQL Database - Connection Error: Unknown MySQLi error
Check connection parameters (user, password etc.) 

I tried importing the oedb.db through PhpMyAdmin but I get a Syntax error on line 1 where the database is initialised as "SQLite format 3". 

Any suggestions please ?
Total nerd
skb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2018 at 12:21pm
My error log shows Access denied due to syntax error at Line 415 of file - WEFiles/Server/DB/DBTools/OEDBRequest.php
Total nerd
skb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2018 at 10:31am
On line 387 just below the "Overiddable functions" 
this protected function is commented out

/*protected function _getConnectParams() {
if (OESQLBase::isLocalDB()) {
global $oeLoginMySQL_Local; if (!isset($oeLoginMySQL_Local)) return null;
return $oeLoginMySQL_Local;
} else {
global $oeLoginMySQL; if (!isset($oeLoginMySQL)) return null;
return $oeLoginMySQL;
}
return null;
}*/

If I remove the /* & */ I see a different error

User management system is not yet initialized. First, open the Administration page in browser to initialize data.

If I try to access admin page via the address bar, the Admin page opens up, but the User List is empty, and even record 1 for Admin is showing status as "error" and I cannot proceed further. If I try the "Edit Admin Account" link it gives me a 404 error. 

Edited by skb - Nov 17 2018 at 10:32am
Total nerd
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2018 at 10:11pm
Hi,

Please check whether you have MySQLi (attention to "i") installed on your server. If you only have plain MySQL it won't work
skb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2018 at 10:03am
I have MySQL. But I’ve managed to install phplite and use the pages with a SQLite database.

My other question is I’m developing a responsive site without a template.
When I add the php pages will the responsiveness be lost.
Should I drag the packs into the group of elements after cloning a responsive page OR the php pages will remain unresponsive while thr HTML pages will continue to be responsive.

Thanks.
Total nerd
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2018 at 8:58pm
There's no impact of the page type to their responsive behavior, a PHPpage just adds a possibility to execute PHP code it contains on opening, the rest remains unchanged. The packs won't break your responsive design, you may just need to style pack elements accordingly.
tommyshelby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyshelby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2019 at 7:08am
The database connection error is happening with me as well and the thing is that due to the connection error I am not being able to access the Itunes account as it is connected with the database of mine. I am getting iTunes error 9 while accessing that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic