BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble Uploading Project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpbraddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble Uploading Project
    Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 1:46am
Hello,

I am trying to create a webpage for graduate school, and decided to use openElement. I have created a title page, and tried to upload it to my school server. Since it requires SFTP to upload, I have to first export to folder, then upload the folder contents to the server. However, it appears to have some problems creating folders.

Here is the output of attempting to upload. If you ctrl+f "error" you'll see how often it fails to upload due to directories not existing.

If I open the index.html locally, it works perfectly. But when I try to access it online, I get an error.

I appreciate the assistance, thank you.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 8:58am
Hi,

So, you have difficulties to transfer files with FileZilla? Or openElement directly?

The log shows seemingly random errors, it seems that your FTP connection is unstable. Try to change the transfer mode in FileZilla to "Passive", then to "Active", try to temporarily disable your antivirus, try another Internet connection or another computer etc. In any case, it is unlikely that the problem comes from openElement.

Good day
D
mpbraddock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpbraddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 1:48pm
I have tried changing the transfer mode to both of those options, disabling my antivirus and/or firewall, and nothing has worked.

I am now contacting my school's helpdesk because I'm thinking it may be an issue related to the server. Either way, I'm using their method of uploading, so they should be able to help me.

I will report back if anything changes. Thank you for the help.
mpbraddock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpbraddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 11:10pm
Turns out there was no error with FileZilla.

The error was that my .htaccess file had a line reading "AddDefaultCharset UTF-8" - apparently the server rejects this directive. Once commented out, everything works perfect.

Is there any way to "turn off" this line from within openElement? Otherwise I have to comment out that line every time I export.

Thank you.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 8:51am
Yes, just use Project->Htaccess and delete "Commands by default" (or clear the commands inside).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic