BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Templates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SensBlack smooth scroll issue on mobile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pltfnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SensBlack smooth scroll issue on mobile
    Posted: Feb 15 2018 at 4:46pm
Hi all, 

I am using the beautiful SensBlack template. There seems to be an issue with the smooth scroll to anchor on mobile. When selecting a link to an anchor in the pop up menu, it doesn't always scroll to that anchor. Rather, the requested anchor stays stuck down below and it takes a long swipe for it to come up. This only seems to happen the first time the site is loaded or the browser is refreshed. I suspect it has to do with the Smooth Scroll to Anchor? Same thing happens on a narrow window on Win10. 

Any thoughts would be very appreciated!
Thank you,
Franco
Web Page Link: www.francoplatino.com
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2018 at 9:43pm
Hi,

I don't reproduce the problem with Chrome narrow width Win10. What is your browser and Internet connection speed?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2018 at 9:43pm
P.S. Do you reproduce the issue with this copy:

http://sensode.net/senswhite/
pltfnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pltfnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2018 at 2:43am
Hi. Thank you. 

My internet connection speed is around 50Mbps, symmetric. The issue happens both with Chrome and Edge on Win10 (narrow window). The menu "discography" seems to be the most problematic. Please try to go to "discography" on a narrow window using the mobile menu before scrolling through the site. You'll see that it won't actually bring it up and, instead will only show the background. 

The same issue happens on Android 8.0, 8.1, and 7 (that I have tested) and on iOS phones and tablets (both on WiFi and data). On the actual mobile devices it also happens when,  at first load or after refreshing,  you simply touch the triangle down (which should bring to "biography"). 
However, once you scroll the entire site at least once, then all works fine.

The issue does not happen on  http://sensode.net/senswhite. However, this site is having the same mobile menu transparency issue on iOS (the same issue you helped me fix the other day).

Thank you!

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2018 at 8:22am
Yes, as it doesn't contain this workaround.

You probably have some obsolete version, or added something to your website that compomises the scroll. You may try to remove things, or add them to the latest version of the template (you can create a new project with it in OE)

pltfnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pltfnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2018 at 12:12pm
OK, thanks. I am using OE 1.57 R9 and the SensBlack template from it. The entire website is brand new as of last week. Is there a new template I should have found?

Would you be able to test this francoplatino.com/TMP1/index.htm
I just created it from the same template, brand new without changing anything. But the same issue happens here. If you go to Gallery from the mobile menu at first load, it will scroll to gallery, but it will take another manual swipe to actually bring up the pictures (which is the issue I am having with francoplatino.com in Discography. This is happening on Andrdoir, iOS, and on narrow window on PC.

Please let me know. I really appreciate your help!
pltfnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pltfnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2018 at 12:32pm
P.S. The template SensWhite appears to have the same identical issue with it's gallery anchor. 

I just created a new webiste using the template without changing anything. It can be tested here: http://www.francoplatino.com/TMP2/index.htm

Would you be able to give us a workaround or suggestions on how to make it work properly?

Thank you
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2018 at 12:52pm
I still can't reproduce it in Chrome.

Try to remove the Custom Class apply-smoove for all elements where anchor does not work, or even better, find the Code Block Source Type HTML or OtherScript on the page or one of its base layers which contains this:

<script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/scrollreveal.js/3.3.1/scrollreveal.min.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript">
  $(function(){// Scroll reveal (apparition au scroll) :
      (new ScrollReveal()).reveal('.apply-smoove', { duration: 1000, distance: '500px' });
  });
  </script>

change .apply-smoove to .apply-smoove-off-test, save, and test whether it improves anything
pltfnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pltfnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2018 at 2:25pm
I removed the Custom Class apply-smoove transitions ( in the expert section) from all the elements of the discography. Now it does show the content of that section of the website without needing the additional finger swipe. HOWEVER, obviously, it removed the cool looking smoove effect from that section.

Any way to add the effect back?
Would it maybe work if added to the anchor itself or any particular element?

pltfnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pltfnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2018 at 2:48pm
Ah. Believe I fixed the issue! Just applied smoove to only specific elements. 
Perhaps the template should be fixed as well. 

Thank you for your help! Very much appreciated!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic