BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
openElement Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> User Tutorials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tutorial PDF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverjb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tutorial PDF
    Posted: Jan 29 2018 at 7:44pm
I have uploaded a PDF Tutorial to my website introducing openElement. Please feel free to use.

PDF Tutorial available to view:  www.silverjb.limewebs.com/OpenElement.pdf

PDF Tutorial Download: www.silverjb.limewebs.com/OpenElement.rar

John Blain

Warning limeebs produces all sorts of security alerts

Edited by Hobby001 - Mar 31 2019 at 3:20am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2018 at 9:42pm
Thank you for you contribution! I made the topic sticky so that it stays near the top.
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2018 at 1:03pm
Clap Amazing job! Thank you.
Brought  me to the idea, to expand that matter.
Have plenty of time as retiree.
But I'm not good enough in english language anymore.
Even if I translated simultaneously - once upon a time.
And -I guess- it wouldn't make sense to translate to german language.
Anyway - I might consider to contribute such content.

Edited by digizar - Jan 31 2018 at 1:08pm
silverjb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverjb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2018 at 6:59pm

Thank you for the compliment.

It would be fantastic if the tutorial were translated. I am sure that your English language is far superior to my German.

If you do consider translation I could send you my original files. I have compiled the tutorial using Apache Open Office text editor and export from there to a PDF. You could work directly in the text editor.

Please feel free to communicate by email: silverjb12@gmail.com

digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2018 at 7:36pm
Well, I'll give it a try.
I'm proficient in LibreOffice.
My email info@digispics.com

Sure, it's for free. :-)

I wonder how quick you cought up with the openElement.
May I assume, that you retired, too?
Keep on rolling :-)

Any mail welcome.

Aidee aidee adee ...

Edited by digizar - Jan 31 2018 at 7:45pm
DougK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2018 at 6:54pm
Where can we get copies of your books?  I didn't see a link to purchase them.  Thanks.
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2018 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by DougK DougK wrote:

Where can we get copies of your books?  I didn't see a link to purchase them.  Thanks.
There are no books to purchase, all information is online free of charge.
See the 'User Tutorials' and the links of the original post (that translation of that post to german language is still in progress).
Also have a look on YouTube and various articles in the oE Wiki documentation.

Edited by digizar - Mar 02 2018 at 8:02pm
silverjb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverjb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2018 at 10:32pm
Good to here tutorial translation is in progress. It will be great to see even if I won't understand a word.

Cheers, John Blain
DougK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2018 at 3:47am
John,

Have you considered expanding your tutorial to incorporate how to work with a template?  I have been able to use your template to create a basic beginner webpage, but it's only basic.  I don't know how to actually build some of the more robust options (like scrolling image galleries, marquees, banners, etc.) that I've seen with some of the templates, and I don't understand oE well enough to figure out how to work with the elements in a template.  More accurately, I haven't been able to figure out find or get to the proper page, or layer on a page, to accomplish the edits that I've been hoping to make.  After reading your tutorial, which helped me to make my first basic page/website, I imagine a more in-depth tutorial would be of great value learning how to work with templates.

Thanks,

Doug
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2018 at 12:33pm
Template handling will be part of the translation progress, as an enhancement.
May be my english is still good enough to explain it correctly. German is not a challenge for me. :-)
I still remember the calamities, when I started with oE. And I still have some 'gaps'.
Because I also was a tutor @ IBM, I know exactly, what is missing to get the oE up and running. That missing information will enhance the translation, eventually as an extra sheet.

Templates in short, and very easy:
In oE a template is named 'Layer' (see left side, Site Explorer 'Layers').
And a layer ist a an ordinarily created website, containing any amount and arrangements of elements, converted (saved) as/into a layer.
That layer may be used as a base image/element collection for any webside, called 'Page' in oE (see Menu 'Page', activate any ordinary page of your site, an then select the Layer).
Layers may itself include any amount of other layers, something like a 'stack'.
As soon as one changes the layer, all pages -based on this layer(s)- are automatically updated. Which is the purpose of layers/templates.
Means if you'd have an empty page, based on a layer, that page would show the content of that layer(s).
The 'Base' Layer seems to be something special, as is the 'Home Page'. Donno yet exactly.

Edited by digizar - Mar 04 2018 at 1:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic