BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Talking to oE with normal code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Talking to oE with normal code
    Posted: Jan 29 2018 at 6:39pm
Sorry for the title, but I don't know how to explain it better in so few words.
What I'm asking is how can be possibile "talk" to oE with normal code?

I need to obtain the same effect as in the image of the cup of coffee

I tried many ways but it look as impossible if using oE Costomizing Style... Have also tried coding image with shape generator, but nothing happens... I don't know, but I feel as I have to touch the oE inside coding to obtain the same text shape effect...
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2018 at 9:40pm
Hi.

Usually the first thing to do is to preview the page in a browser - I recommend Chrome - right-click on the concerned element (image in the text) to see the HTML and CSS code behind.

For this particular task, you first need to insert an image directly into the text: while editing text, use the top menu to insert an image, and in its configuration form give it the "left" float. The image will stay on the left and the text will surround its "bounding box" (rectangle).

Now if you want to use the shape CSS, set a Custom Class to the text element "with-shape", then add a Code Block (Source) type CSS positoin Header with the code like:

.with-shape img {
  shape-outside
: url(Files/Image/YOUR_IMAGE.png);

shape-image-threshold: 0.5;
}

I think it should suffice, to be tested. If it does not work, a published version of the site/page is vital to be able to help.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2018 at 9:57pm
Thanks! I can't now try it 'cause I'm working on other computer, but tomorrow I'll try and I'll let you know.
(I use Firefox but I don't have problem to see the code)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic