BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Error while Publishing to Web

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diganta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error while Publishing to Web
    Posted: Dec 12 2017 at 6:21am
Hi All

I am using OpenElements v1.57 R9, on Windows 10 PC. I have created a website based on existing template, then trying to upload the complete project to the Web hosting server. However, when I click on "Publish to Web" button, I am facing the following error:

"An error occurred while preparing for upload. Unable to create temporary folder C:/Users/MM/AppData/Local/Temp/openElementFtp/http:/www.35mm.co.in. Please check Windows permissions".

After this it does not allow me to upload my project to Webserver.

Now, when I got this error in my PC, I installed same version of OpenElement in a laptop and run the same operation, however I received the same error.

Any idea how to fix this please ?

Thank you so much in advance.

Diganta

Thanks & Regards

Diganta De
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2017 at 11:16am
Hi,

How did you name the project folder? and the project itself? "http:/www.35mm.co.in" probably comes from the project name.
Diganta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diganta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2017 at 6:34am
Hi Dmit OE

The folder where the project is saved is "35mm Final"

The name of the project is "35mm Final Website.ope"

I am not able to attach the screenshots here, giving me some error.

Please help

Thanks & Regards

Diganta De
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2017 at 8:23am
Please use Project->Other->Backup the project, find the resulting ZIP file, and share it using Google Drive, Dropbox or wetransfer.com (send me the download link via a private message - click my name on the left for this option)
Diganta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diganta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2017 at 6:25am
Hi Dmit

Thanks for the clue, I have been able to solve my problem. Under Options, Website name I mentioned the name of my website with special characters, that was the reason for the error message.

Now I have renamed it with no special characters and it is running fine now.

Thanks a Ton for your help.
Thanks & Regards

Diganta De
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic