BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Search tags and .htaccess content removed!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Search tags and .htaccess content removed!
    Posted: Sep 29 2017 at 4:08pm

I'm using several SEO sites to test my site.
Following the suggestions I am trying to alter both my .htacces
and search tags.

In OE, I cannot edit the tags correctly - every time I add multiple tags, comma separated - they do not show up after saving/reopening my OE site.

So, I edited the index.htm and .htaccess files directly, added my content, and when I reopened
the site in OE - all my changes were discarded!

How can I stop OE from throwing away my changes??
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2017 at 8:06pm
Hi,

What do you call "search tags"? If it's the keywords meta, they have strictly zero impact on SEO. (If some tool tells you the contrary, I think you woudl do better to find another one).
whoit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2017 at 1:53pm
Hi - 

Yes, I'm referring to the Search Phrases in OE > SEO Settings > Search Phrases.

When I edit my index.htm page to add my phrases, OE removes my edits.

Regardless of whether or not they are important, OE should not remove my content!

Also, why would OE state: "Phrases for which you would like your page to appear in the search engines' results" if they aren't used for SEO ?

Edited by whoit - Oct 06 2017 at 1:55pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2017 at 1:59pm
You should not edit .htm files, OE rewrites them. To edit search phrases, go to Page->SEO Info et put them into the corresponding field.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2017 at 2:00pm
Keywords are used our Guideline analyse tool, to check whether your page has proper content in case you would like your page to appear in SE results for these keywords. So it's not useful by itself but it indicates to Guideline what you want to achieve.
whoit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2017 at 2:13pm
So then what can I edit to handle my SEO that OE won't overwrite?

For example - how can I modify my .htaccess file without OE removing all of my changes?

Edited by whoit - Oct 06 2017 at 2:23pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Dmit OE Dmit OE wrote:

To edit search phrases, go to Page->SEO Info et put them into the corresponding field.

To edit .htaccess, use Project->Htaccess, add a Free Script/command.

To add code, use Code Blocks.

Check Wiki for more answers. OE is not an HTML editor which edits an HTML code, it generates it from its project.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic