BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Templates
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Textboxes in Contact section of ResponsiveCenter01
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Textboxes in Contact section of ResponsiveCenter01

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Textboxes in Contact section of ResponsiveCenter01
    Posted: Sep 18 2017 at 7:47pm
I'm using the ResponsiveCenter01 template and have some issues with the Contact section text boxes.

First - I want the 'Comments' box to be a set height and not resizeable.
Under 'properties' I set 'resizing' to 'width only'. This looks correct at first, however
after publishing the website I have found that the box returns to resizeable after entering
some text and then hitting 'enter' (see yellow highlighted are below).
How do I always prevent the box from being resizeable?

Second - after sending, I noticed that the first text box for Name will shift slightly if you double-click inside it. How do I prevent this?

Third - if text is entered into the text boxes via keyboard, the backgrounds remain white.
However, if you click in a box and then select previously entered text from the browser drop-down, the box turns yellow. (This may be a function of my browser Chrome)

Thanks.

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2017 at 8:43am
Hi.

1) If you want to fix the height you shoudl choose "Width and Height" in "Resizing", then modify the Height property to set it in pixels or em, ex. "5em" to represent 5 times the font size for this element.

2) I need the link to the page online to see why

3) Yellow background is added by Chrome to indicate auto-filled fields, for example when you enter your email address Chrome tries to fill the rest automatically; unless it is somehow different in your case (again, I need the link and how to reproduce)
whoit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2017 at 1:55pm
Hi  -

1) I've tried setting the height to specific pixel amount, but as soon as text is entered, the box changes
to allow resizing.

2) www.coastallogic.com

3) That's what I thought.

Thanks...
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2017 at 8:55pm
Rather nice style, I like.

Please remove the right-click block, at least for now (it won't prevent more or less experienced users from stealing anything from your site) as it hinders the analysis greatly.

Also make sure that you publish with the fixed height in pixels set for the element, to see why it does not work.
whoit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2017 at 9:00pm
Thank You! (Art classes did not go to waste!)

Done and done....
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2017 at 9:45am
According to what I see in Chrome's Instect Element, the height of the multiline field is still set to "auto" in OE. Select the element (ID WE3014391db2), go to Styles->Customize, find Height, and type 100px inside.
whoit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2017 at 1:51pm
I've made the changes and uploaded them, but the box is still resizable....

It seems that it does not matter if I use Height = Auto, or XXpx, etc. - it is never a fixed height.

Edited by whoit - Sep 20 2017 at 1:52pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2017 at 7:52am
No I think it became fixed, and I see your 65px in Inspect Element. Use Ctrl+F5 in the browser to reset the cache.
whoit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2017 at 1:30pm
Yes, it is 65px, but the resizing ability is still a problem.

I've tried it two browsers - Chrome and Firefox

No matter what I do, the box is resizable which I do not want...

Edited by whoit - Sep 21 2017 at 1:34pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2017 at 4:59pm
Ah you mean the box can be resized by user (with mouse, bottom-right corner)?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic