BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Suggestion Box
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marked Text Link Style [SOLVED]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marked Text Link Style [SOLVED]
    Posted: Aug 04 2017 at 12:55pm
What I would very much appreciate:
The definition of the visual effect of a marked text area in a (multi)line text element, which carries a (click)link to another event  >  To use a Style Sheet (definition).
Now one may only define the appearance of such text part in a single specification popup. That is valid for that particluar single text portion only, or for mutiple occurences in the same text element.
Would be nice to be able to change that appearance in general via a Style Sheet.
(Style Sheets currently affect the complete text element).

Edited by digizar - Aug 12 2017 at 2:01pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2017 at 1:30pm
Hi,

If you select the entire page (and not an element) and define Link Style, it will be applied to all links on the page except those having defined styles of their own. If you do it on a Base Layer, all links in all pages inheriting the layer will inherit this stype.
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2017 at 7:07pm
Is there a means to get rid of an individual (text) style?
It seams that the individual definition overrides the general (baselayer, page, element) style and can not be removed and replaced.
I could remove the whole link and recreate it.
But something seams to be 'sticking' with these styles.

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2017 at 9:08pm
It depends how you (or a template creator) had put those individual styles. Normally you select the element and remove the style; if the style is applied onto the link text itself, you can select the text and remove its styling (I'm not sure you need Link Styles in this case).
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2017 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Dmit OE Dmit OE wrote:

It depends how you (or a template creator) had put those individual styles. Normally you select the element and remove the style;
That I figured out, no prob, and it is an excellent acceptable solution.

Originally posted by Dmit OE Dmit OE wrote:

if the style is applied onto the link text itself, you can select the text and remove its styling (I'm not sure you need Link Styles in this case).
That ist exactly what wouldn't work, I can not remove the individual text style once assigned, so the global style may prevail (again). Unless I remove the complete link including the text (which would be nonsense *g*).

Probably I can find out by myself, so don't worry for now.
Unless you know exactly ... well then ... don't hesitate  LOL

Edited by digizar - Aug 05 2017 at 9:26am
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2017 at 2:59pm
Well, well, ...
that seems to be a bit harder to discover than expected.
Already a few times I ran against a brick wall.
But I keep really an eye on that.
I WILL definitively report what's the matter (probably a small video), because it might be important enough for public information.
I couldn't find any information in the internet.

Edited by digizar - Aug 09 2017 at 3:01pm
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2017 at 2:27pm
Other link appearances - unpleasant. 
1.57 R9, Win-7, valid for Export to Folder and Publish to Web
Prepared Domain and password will come w PN.

1)
I specify the visual appearence (colors) of a link style in the BaseLayer.
Either 'Styles' ... 'Page Links' or 'Main Frame'. There is no visible element yet in the BaseLayer.
Now, in HomePage (index), based on that BaseLayer, all colors are fine for all assigned links.
Normal Links Color = green
Mouseover Color = blue

In other pages (newly created, not cloned) also based on the same (later assigned) BaseLayer, the colors are reversed. Font sizes are ok.
Normal Links = blue
Mousover = green

HomePage cloned is ok.

I think that this is not the intention, but it caused a lot of confusion.
Since I did not know how these links are handled. Now I think I know.

2)
Once a single individual link style appearance ist assigned in say a MulitLineElement,
that definition overrides the global appearance (from BaseLayer). Which is fine and perfect.
But one can never remove such individual link style definition, one has to delete the element, and recreate it w/o individual link specification. It is not sufficient to just remove that link. May be it's the case if more other links than this deleted one exist in that element?
That definitively causes disaster, because it can obviously not be removed from BaseLayer.
That should be changed, so that any individual link style spec could be removed completely from that (multiline) Element. At least the BaseLayer link style definition -1)- would then be activated.

3)
Would be a very nice idea if these link styles could be confined to paticular sections.

Edited by digizar - Aug 11 2017 at 4:45pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2017 at 10:13pm
Hi.

2) I did a test, it is possible to remove styles, for that you shoudl delete the value in Link Styles (color for examle). There's a bug that complicates simple deletion of the value, but you can click on the arrow (on the left of Color) to open 2 color sub-properties (color and transparency) and delete the color value there, this passes without problem.

3) I did not understand this point. As you can apply link styles to any element, including containers (ex. Group of Elements), you can confine the style to all container children. You can also do it for a Style Zone, including sections of the page (see Page->Responsive->Page sections, as well as the second button of the top menu Style Zone: xxxx).

1) I did a test project and didn't reproduce the problem. What may confuse you is that there's also a "visited link" color, which is usually blue-magenta. Otherwise, either upload your project and give the link to the homepage and to a page where it is inversed (it's the most convenient for me) or send user name and site URL in addition to the FTP parameters already sent by a private message

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2017 at 10:18pm
I realized that you did send me the URL, so I've checked the homepage and the other page.

From the styles, one can see that you've put colors on the base layer AND on the homepage, and those are homepage styles that appy to its links (same if you duplicate the homepage). Try to put a link on the baselayer and preview it, you will see that the colors are "inversed" just like on the "other" page. Don't forget that the "visited link" color may apply too.
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2017 at 1:56pm
Thanks a lot !
These link styles are somehow tricky if one does not know how to handle them.
Though, once one gets the grip, it appears to be excellent.
Great job!

I noticed the 'visited link style' :-)
In fact that caused me some headaches.
I'd recommend to unfold that section by default, too.

Pt 3) -Sections- you made it clear, just in other words. I didn't notice that possibility.
It requires still a learning period, to get that tool 'under the skin'.

Edited by digizar - Aug 12 2017 at 1:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic