BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Templates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to download templates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictoriaMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to download templates
    Posted: Jul 16 2017 at 9:02am
Hi

Im new here, I downloaded open element yesterday. Ive tried to start a new project but everytime i click on "use this template" I get an error message that says it cant be downloaded and to check my internet connection - which is working fine with everything else. 

Please can someone help me? Thank you in advance. Im really looking forward to starting a new website. 

Victoria
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2017 at 9:27am
Hi,

Please try to disable your antivirus and/or firewall, they can eventually block OE from connecting to the server.

If nothing works, tell me what template you'd like to use and I will send you a new project started with it.
VictoriaMS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictoriaMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2017 at 10:42am
Hi Dimit OE

Thank you. Ive turned off my firewall and its still not working. Its the 3rd template on the first page that im trying to open, its called Essential. Will i be able to use all the tools correctly? 

Thank you

Victoria
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2017 at 6:39pm
I tested it here, and it works fine.
Did you (temporarily) disable the AntiVirusGuard - as recommended (not just the Firewall)?
Here the Malwarebytes-AV does not complain.

Use the tools correctly? Yes, but it takes some time to be familiar with it.
I think, quite important is the structure and the handling of the 'Files' directory; have a careful look at this.

It's really a great tool.
Thanks again guys, you did an extremely good job.

Edited by digizar - Jul 17 2017 at 6:54pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictoriaMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2017 at 8:32pm
Hi Thank you digizar. Ive looked but can not find an AntivirusGuard anywhere. So unfortunately i might not be able to use open element after all. Such a shame.  Thank you all for your help. If I manage to get it sotrted I will let you know. 
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2017 at 8:54pm
You didn't mentioned it explicitely: Did you try to load another layout?
I mean, ist very unprobably, but do you have enough free disk space available?
What about the size of your computer memory? How many GigaBytes?
There is no plausible reason, why a layout can not be loaded, because they are used by so many applications.

Strange anyway you don't have an Antivirus program ...
Probably that might cause you 'some' headaches in general.

Edited by digizar - Jul 17 2017 at 8:58pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2017 at 9:41pm
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3daBEI1z4o2TXB0ajNIWjNTcnc/view?usp=sharing

You can just start with this project, it is basically the same as download the template.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictoriaMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2017 at 5:58pm
Hi dizigar. I tried lots of layouts. Im not sure about space and memory, but everything else seems to work ok.  

Dmit OE. Thank you for the link. I clicked on it and i brings up a list of files. Which one should I click on? 

Im sorry if i sound thick, I can build a very basic website, but maybe this is too complex for me? 

Thanks Victoria

digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2017 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by VictoriaMS VictoriaMS wrote:

Im sorry if i sound thick, I can build a very basic website, but maybe this is too complex for me?
That openElement ist soo simple to handle. I think there might be just a general mis-understanding.
If you know how to load a simple complete site from internet, I would give you access to one of my domains. Needs knowledge of Filezilla or some ftp-program else. That could quickly resolve your 'incompatibility'. No obligation.
Once you know the basic rules, ist is really simple - I promise. Don't give up. You won't find such a simple to handle yet powerful tool elsewhere.

So, tell me about the ftp-filezilla.
Here is the simple site I am currently working on. No pre-defined layout, completely self-made. Could clear your matter.

Edited by digizar - Jul 19 2017 at 11:33pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2017 at 11:28pm
You should not go into Essential folder, but rather click the download" icon in the top-right corner. After downloading you should extract the contents of the ZIP, I suggest doing it inside My Documents folder.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic