BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Templates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Creating your own Template?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ps4decals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creating your own Template?
    Posted: Jun 26 2017 at 7:08pm
Is there a way to create a template without sharing a template?

Been trying to figured this out for awhile now, I have my own template made but want to use it for more than one site and have not figured it out yet how to copy the template to use for another website without starting over everytime. Is this possible?
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2017 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by ps4decals ps4decals wrote:

Is there a way to create a template without sharing a template?

Yes, it is - and it's even pretty simple if one knows how.
Just create a new blank template/layer, construct the content, give it a name to save it - and use it.
Mind the size and the sections.

Originally posted by ps4decals ps4decals wrote:

Been trying to figured this out for awhile now, I have my own template made but want to use it for more than one site and have not figured it out yet how to copy the template to use for another website without starting over everytime. Is this possible?

That are two simple settings when you store these layers/templates (> screenshot).

Keep in mind that these templates are confined to the local pc if you don't store them in the cloud.
Also think about the size of the site, and the various sections.
Layers/templates can base on another template(s) (cascading);
the next higher layer inherits from the underlaying layer(s).
Though I don't know if that imposes a heavier load on the server.

Edited by digizar - Jun 27 2017 at 2:06pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2017 at 9:16pm
I'm not sure he talks about base layers or style skins. He probably means a project template.

A project template is just an openElement project that you start with. So all you need to do is to create a "base" project, copy its project folder (Project->Other->Open the project folder); then every time you start a new project, re-copy this copy and open it in OE.
ps4decals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ps4decals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2017 at 9:29pm
Yes, talking about a project template

I have the template made but what Im trying to do is create a new project and use the same template I just made without starting from scratch again.
ps4decals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ps4decals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2017 at 9:36pm
How do you copy the project folder?
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2017 at 10:48am
Just copy the complete directory with the Windows Explorer. And everything is there.
Probably rename it, and modify the content. Clap

Easiest way to start the copied version, is to click on the *.ope project file in the root of the ('new') project.
Yes, it's that simple. Hug

Edited by digizar - Jun 27 2017 at 10:54am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2017 at 12:05pm
Usually the project folder is in My Documents / openElement. You can also find it using the menu Project->Other->Open the project folder in OE - it will open the Windows Explorer inside the project folder.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic