BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Templates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Several...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csalexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Several...
    Posted: Apr 15 2017 at 7:06pm
Hello

As I said in previous topics, I'm using Senswhite template. I ask for help in the following subjects:
  1. Is it possible to automatically move a page (or part of it/element) to a repository/database when its info gets outdated (for example, a page about an event)?
  2. In the site I'm working I have a list of academic papers. Is it possible to have the respective abstracts collapsed and showing just by hovering?
  3. Is there a best way to highlight a reference to a "special" part of the site?

Thanks,
Carlos
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2017 at 10:03pm
Hi.

1. You can duplicate a page, then move it to a folder. You may disable referencing this page by search engines if necessary (search in Wiki or ask how if it is necessary).

2. Yes, probably with some (few) coding. Please describe an example. You can also use the Collapsible Panel element in Containers group even though it's not quite what you want (make sure you have the latest OE version)

3. Could you please explain how it should look like, with an example?
csalexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csalexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2017 at 6:09pm
  1. I've searched wiki for info but didn't find it. Probably because I didn't quite understand your suggestion. That duplicating and moving would be triggered by a date?
  2. The Collapsible Panel seems like a good option. I will try it, thanks!
  3. I'm looking for a suggestion of a technically viable way to highlight a page or a reference to it (button/link/...) on a site based on Senswhite template. Nothing in particular, any suggestion would be nice because I'm not creative at all Embarrassed
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2017 at 11:34pm
There's no automation for this (no integrated archiving system).

I still don't understand what you mean by "highlight". Just a different color of the text of certain links?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csalexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2017 at 8:41am
A different color is not catchy enough. Something like blinking, flashing or changing form/size/color... Something dynamic I think. Is this technically viable with OE?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2017 at 11:03am
Yes, you can apply more or less any existing CSS/Javascript effects, just that it needs coding. We are making some elements to do this but anyway it's not much to code. The main task is to avoid "flashy" or amateurish effects, for example blinking is not recommended. If you find some good existing examples show please

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csalexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2017 at 7:57pm
Ok, no amateurish effects Smile Can I use a click on a specific table cell to open a simple modal pop-up? I didn't find how... If it was possible to insert an image in that cell it would be easy!
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2017 at 8:53pm
You can insert in-text images (as into any text) but not elements. Otherwise, here's the workaround:

- Add a "trigger" element that would open your popup when clicked. Put a class "open-popup" (without "") into the Custom Classes property. Hide it, one way or another (ex. property Display set to "No").

- Add a Code Block (Source) type Javascript with the code (change WEtable_id to the ID of your table element):

$(function(){
  // example to click on the SECOND row and FIFTH column - note that first row or column's index is 0! Copy and edit the line for any row+column necessary
  var $row2 = $('#WEtable_id').find('tr').eq(1), $col5 = $row2.find('td').eq(4).click(function(){ $('.open-popup'.click(); }); // imitate click on the trigger element

});

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic