BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Websites Created with OpenElement
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Website help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnHolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Website help
    Posted: Apr 13 2017 at 7:11pm
I created a website using OE and I thought I backed it up, but i hadn't. So my hard drive crashed on my local computer and I'm unable to bring my website files back into OE. I have all the now files back on my computer but OE wont open it and I cant seem to import them into OE.

Do I have to start over?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
Thank in adavance.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2017 at 9:33pm
Hi,

In OE this is called "Import", to get your website back from online in case the backup is stored there automatically (which is done by default).

Launch OE (without opening any project)

On the top-left, find the Import button (I come to see that in the latest version it is not available until you create or open a project, so in this case create an empty project then find this option in Project->Other)

You will need to enter your FTP parameters, and openElement will try to automatically restore your project.
JohnHolland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnHolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2017 at 7:59pm
Tried that and it downloads everything and when it gets to the end it gives me an error message and nothing is imported.

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2017 at 10:07pm
What is the error message?

Please give me (via a private message - click my name on the left for this option) your FTP access parameters - server (host) name, user name, password, and website URL.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic