BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Responsive Menu not displaying correctly on mobile
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Responsive Menu not displaying correctly on mobile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goaviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Responsive Menu not displaying correctly on mobile
    Posted: Apr 12 2017 at 6:18pm
Hello all,
I have been using OpenElement for a bit now and I've been having an issue getting my site to display correctly on mobile.  On mobile, my responsive menu bar displays as only a blank green bar.  I'm using SensBlack, and have tried using the code block in this thread, as well as trying to make the link buttons scale with the screen but have had no success.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as I would rather not start over or create a a separate mobile site.

Thanks! 

Site Link: Go-Aviation.com
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2017 at 7:40pm
Hi,

I will look into that, just before I go any further, could you please check whether you've deleted the button with 3 lines that appears inplace of the menu for smalle screens? I don't see it in the code for now, maybe it's just that... you can see it if you choose a Media query "Smartphones" in Media edition or Styles->Customize

Edited by Dmit OE - Apr 12 2017 at 7:40pm
Goaviation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goaviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2017 at 7:58pm
Thanks for the quick reply!

I had erased the menu button earlier in my attempts to get the mobile site to work(it didn't display then), on your advice I have added the menu button back, and it now appears on mobile although it is not linked to anything, what is the intended behavior of the button?

The site should be updated with the menu button displaying momentarily
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2017 at 9:18pm
This button should be used in the configuration of the Popup Menu, as its trigger. Find the Popup Menu element above the page (not ON the page), and open its Configuration then select the button (check its Name and ID beforehand to find it in the dropdown list)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goaviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2017 at 5:48pm
Thank Dmit, worked perfectly!

I do have one more issue i was hoping you could help me with. The "Contact" and "Request a Quote" Forms will not submit. Prior to updating to OpenElement 1.57 R8 the forms would return a successful message, although the form would not be emailed. I have tried several Email addresses from Gmail, hotmail etc. with the same result.

Since updating, submission results in a failure message and the following error:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_decode() in/home/twincomanche/public_html/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v210.php on line 74"

Form in questions can be found here: http://go-aviation.com/Contactus.htm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2017 at 8:47pm
You should change PHP version in your hosting server's control panel (or whatever the procedure is for your hosting provider). Missing json_decode functionmeans a very ancient version (prior to 5.2).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goaviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2017 at 8:55pm
You're good!! I changed the PHP version to a more recent version and all problems have been solved, thanks!
pltfnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pltfnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2018 at 6:00pm
Hi all, 
I am using the SensBlack template.

Mobile menu seems to work perfectly on all android phones  and tablets but does not work well on I-phones or I-pads. This is the case both with Safari and Chrome for Iphone. The popup menu is transparent  on the Iphone. I tried changing the opacity but nothing changes. 

In fact, the pop up menu seems to load correctly only one time at the very beginning, but doesn't work after that. 

The issue is also there in the template. Meaning, if I upload a website made directly from the template without modifications. Same issue with mobile menu.

Website link: francoplatino.com

Any thoughts? Thanks so much for your help
Franco
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2018 at 10:28pm
Hi,

Yes, a very strange behavior on iOS, no explanations (the basic jQuery function fails in this case).

While we are looking at possible solutions (and causes), you may use this workaround: add (to the base layer or to each page ) a Code Block type CSS position Header with the code:

@media (max-width:1024px) {
  .OESZ_WEMenuGroup:not([style*="none"]) { opacity: 1 !important; }
}
pltfnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pltfnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2018 at 12:44pm
Thank you! That seems to have solved that issue. However, there seems to be something else with the mobile menu (and this seems to happen across both iOS, Android, and even with a very narrow window on Win10):

When selecting a link to an anchor in the pop up menu, it doesn't always scroll to that anchor. Rather, the requested anchor stays stuck down below and it takes a long swipe for it to come up. This only seems to happen the first time the site is loaded or the browser is refreshed. I suspect it has to do with the Smooth Scroll to Anchor?

Any thoughts would be very appreciated!
Thank you,
Franco
Web Page Link: www.francoplatino.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic