BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Suggestion Box
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Site dimension confusion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Site dimension confusion
    Posted: Apr 08 2017 at 5:52pm
1-57-7
I tried to bound the hor-ver- dimenson of my site(s) to fixed values, pe: 960 x 800 pix.
I used the BaseLayers manual resizing capabilities with the mouse to drag to the desired dimensions (small sqares).
In Element Style Zone : Main frame ... Properties
That worked fine, but as soon as I left the dragging, and refreshed that page, it snapped back to the previous dimensions. And that dimensions are later used to create the complete site (which would be correct). But is not what I expected; I expected my new (dragged) dimensions.

My recommended remedy:
Use the Styles (by default None), and change the dimensions there @ Customize.
Leave the default Style as it is!, create another one for the Main frame and name it page_style or so.
Modify the dimensions there under Styles ... Dimensions ... Height / Width.
Keep an eye on it to access the base layer.

Proposal:
Both versions should/could be working.
Or disable the 'mouse drag version'.
For me it would make more meaning to use the Styles.

Or -last-not-least- did I misunderstand?
I'm still relatively new to openElement.

Edited by digizar - Apr 08 2017 at 5:55pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2017 at 9:23pm
Hi again,

I'd like to understand what happened. If you resized the page body, and then on refreching the page the modification was lost, it may be a serious bug. Could you please indicate how to reproduce on an empty project (without template)?
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2017 at 10:55pm
I activate the BaseLayer (supposedly the template). It does not have a 'Style', means the top one with the big red cross. Based on that BaseLayer, the usual HomePage -and all others- is created (the index.htm).
If I modify the BaseLayer dimensions with that small rectangle on the right, visually it works fine. There is no mark for the bottom line.
But as soon if I refresh the (home)Page, or save all pages, it snaps back to the previous dimensions.
All pages are updated then,  but with the previous dimensions.
I am not sure if that worked with previous versions, but I think yes. Because that was the way how I created a few sites before. In former versions I used the bottom line with the instantly displayed dimension numbers.
I do not use responsive design. The Responsive PageSection shows the same behaviour.

The only way now, as I could find out so far, was to set the dimensions numerically with an assigned Style (as described, and see last image). Also, I could not find any indication about the dimensions elsewhere, which seems to be a bit strange for me. But as I am not yet completely familiar with openelement, I may be mistaken.

The situation with the demonstrated narrowed horizontal dimension.
Here I intentionally moved the right margin to the middle of the page.
It is the BaseLayer.

The selection arrangement,
it does not matter if I change the number there

I created another Style (page_style), and there is at least the horizontal dimension to see and to change. Here I may specify the dimensions. As far as I could see, that would be the only way.

Edited by digizar - Apr 08 2017 at 11:04pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2017 at 10:08am
Thank you, I have reproduced the problem and will look into it today
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2017 at 10:17am
P.S. This bug was already in 1.56R4 apparently
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2017 at 4:15pm
I have fixed this bug for the next OE version (release date unknown at the moment).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic