BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Websites Created with OpenElement
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Website made with OE and question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campbellmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Website made with OE and question
    Posted: Mar 20 2017 at 4:26am
Hello all,

Thanks to all of those who work to make this great program, and the forum to support it. 

I have created a site with OE 1.57 R3 and it can be viewed here
quietmonkeytaichi.com

I submit to the forum for any advice regarding using the background slider.  It seems that I could not use my photos.  I could add them into the list manager, but they would not show in the rotation.

Thanks again,
Matt 
Aria View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2017 at 7:15am
Very Nice! But, I think the scroll option for gallery menu didn't working. Maybe you should fix the anchor element or check it first.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2017 at 8:39am
This is probably in the anchor's name there's "galLery" with an uppercase "L", it should be "gallery"
campbellmw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campbellmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2017 at 2:24pm
Thank you for taking a moment to look at it.

By scroll gallery, do you mean the background photos at the top of the page?  That is what I was referring to as the 'element background slider'.  
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2017 at 3:31pm
It's just about the link "GALLERY" in your top menu. It does not work because in the anchor element (see the top-left corner of the "section" containing image gallery) it's written "galLery" with an uppercase "L".Fix it in Properties of this element.
Aria View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2017 at 3:35am
It's just as Dmit say... When you click the "gallery" menu at top for auto scrolling to gallery layer, it didn't work. You can fix it and following what Dmit suggest you. 

I think, that's the only problem.

Aria

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campbellmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2017 at 5:44am
Sorry to admit it.  But although i can find the typographical error, it does not appear that i can edit the source code.  I seem to have overlooked a permission somewhere?  Thanks,
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2017 at 10:39am
Select the anchor element; then go to its Properties and edit its Nam. openElement is conceived to not need to interfere in the source code except for evential code snippets.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campbellmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2017 at 1:25pm
Thank you Dmit.  I will make an attempt later this evening.  Are there issues with the mail form and element background slider with 1.57 R3?  Are these elements improved in later versions. 

I am thinking of reconstructing my site to hopefully address bypass inherent known issues as well as use photos sized more appropriately. 

Also, thank you.  This is a really great program and forum.  It is very rewarding for me to learn and be more in control of this project.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2017 at 7:59am
Background slider is improved - you will now be able to add videos or smaller image versions for small screens, but otherwise it works as before; the element won't update automatically, you can wait for it to be added to the Store or update manually if you really need. Sending email should already work, is there a problem?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic