BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Dynamic OE - Databases, etc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Add new element in create new user

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Add new element in create new user
    Posted: Mar 05 2017 at 6:52pm
You can manually write any code you want, but you can't easily synchronize it with elements coming from a Pack

Here, I've found my own English tutorial on the subject:
http://forum.openelement.com/en/forum_posts.asp?TID=673&PID=3138&title=tutorial-packs-userspace-add-more-data-fields#3138

The key question is: whether it is Ok to store ALL additional values into ONE "info" field. A lot depends on the answer to this question. (for example, if you need to sort records based on these values, putting them into one column is not an option).
Also, if you have no experience with coding, and if you need to work with these stored values later.

aravintha_raj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aravintha_raj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2017 at 4:14pm
Please, tell how to add create database and how to add, remove and update.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aravintha_raj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2017 at 3:03am
How can i add new field in database for save the details

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aravintha_raj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2017 at 2:31am
ok Thankyou for ur replay. I translate to using google translate read the post. I need one example for clearly understand.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2017 at 9:18pm
Hi.

You can't directly add fields as in the Pack's backstage part they are linked to database fields. You can add fields then with JavaScript write them all into the "info" field. There's a topic in French about this http://forum.openelement.com/fr/forum_posts.asp?TID=21055&PID=132539 I don't know if you will be able to understand with Google Translator. Then, it depends on how you want to use them, and whether you need each value to be in its own column...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aravintha_raj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2017 at 2:43am
Dear sir,
        I am using #30 for 'New Account Page' package. In this package I want to add new element(for example I want to add Register Number similar to e-mail id, gender, full nume). I create new textbox and give details Register Number. Now My problem is how can I update Register Number with Data Base.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic