Print Page | Close Window

Website made with OE and question

Printed From: openElement Website
Category:

openElement

Forum Name: Websites Created with OpenElement
Forum Description: Submit a website you created using the software and share feedback with other users.
URL: https://forums.openelement.uk/en/forum_posts.asp?TID=1029
Printed Date: Apr 20 2024 at 2:05pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Website made with OE and question
Posted By: campbellmw
Subject: Website made with OE and question
Date Posted: Mar 20 2017 at 4:26am
Hello all,

Thanks to all of those who work to make this great program, and the forum to support it. 

I have created a site with OE 1.57 R3 and it can be viewed here
quietmonkeytaichi.com

I submit to the forum for any advice regarding using the background slider.  It seems that I could not use my photos.  I could add them into the list manager, but they would not show in the rotation.

Thanks again,
Matt 

Replies:
Posted By: Aria
Date Posted: Mar 20 2017 at 7:15am
Very Nice! But, I think the scroll option for gallery menu didn't working. Maybe you should fix the anchor element or check it first.

Posted By: Dmit OE
Date Posted: Mar 20 2017 at 8:39am
This is probably in the anchor's name there's "galLery" with an uppercase "L", it should be "gallery"

Date Posted: Mar 20 2017 at 2:24pm
Thank you for taking a moment to look at it.

By scroll gallery, do you mean the background photos at the top of the page?  That is what I was referring to as the 'element background slider'.  

Date Posted: Mar 20 2017 at 3:31pm
It's just about the link "GALLERY" in your top menu. It does not work because in the anchor element (see the top-left corner of the "section" containing image gallery) it's written "galLery" with an uppercase "L".Fix it in Properties of this element.

Posted By: Aria
Date Posted: Mar 21 2017 at 3:35am
It's just as Dmit say... When you click the "gallery" menu at top for auto scrolling to gallery layer, it didn't work. You can fix it and following what Dmit suggest you. 

I think, that's the only problem.

Aria

Date Posted: Mar 21 2017 at 5:44am
Sorry to admit it.  But although i can find the typographical error, it does not appear that i can edit the source code.  I seem to have overlooked a permission somewhere?  Thanks,

Date Posted: Mar 21 2017 at 10:39am
Select the anchor element; then go to its Properties and edit its Nam. openElement is conceived to not need to interfere in the source code except for evential code snippets.

Date Posted: Mar 21 2017 at 1:25pm
Thank you Dmit.  I will make an attempt later this evening.  Are there issues with the mail form and element background slider with 1.57 R3?  Are these elements improved in later versions. 

I am thinking of reconstructing my site to hopefully address bypass inherent known issues as well as use photos sized more appropriately. 

Also, thank you.  This is a really great program and forum.  It is very rewarding for me to learn and be more in control of this project.

Date Posted: Mar 22 2017 at 7:59am
Background slider is improved - you will now be able to add videos or smaller image versions for small screens, but otherwise it works as before; the element won't update automatically, you can wait for it to be added to the Store or update manually if you really need. Sending email should already work, is there a problem?

Date Posted: Mar 24 2017 at 5:08am
When i try to send mail, it appears to download a file with named WESendMail-v29 (3).php
(if opened in a browser it is a long string of alphanumeric code) and a horizontal 'thinking/loading' bar comes up and stays up until you refresh the page.

Date Posted: Mar 24 2017 at 9:47am
Hi,

This should be a problem with your hosting provider that does not handle PHP. Enable PHP using its Control Panel; if your provider does not allow PHP you should change it.

Date Posted: Mar 30 2017 at 6:06am
Have updated to 1.57 R4.  Working with hosting service on email.  Still having issues with native and downloaded background element slider.  I have resized my photos to match stock images, but mine do not appear.  Anything i am missing here?  I have created a new project to just test the slider.  When I replace one of the 3 stock images, i notice that the stock image hangs over the time allowed for the new image.  Is there a style setting that i have to adjust on the new image to get it to transition in and show? Thanks all!

Date Posted: Mar 30 2017 at 10:00am
I need to see your page online to check what's wrong

Date Posted: Mar 31 2017 at 6:25am
quietmonkeytaichi.com

I am having a new and more disturbing error at opening the page however - this is new from my latest edition.

Error:  undefined....
then alot of text

Did purchase the website analyzer - happy to contribute

Date Posted: Mar 31 2017 at 8:34am
Thank you.

New error: your hosting server does not handle PHP at the moment, so the PHP code for the counter is not run but treated as a "document". You should go to the Control Panel of your hosting account and enable it, and if it's impossible (which is very rare), change hosting provider.

For images, I suggest you wait till the new version comes out next week, it is possible that the problem will be solved, otherwise I will need you to send me the project.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2017 at 9:02am
Thank you Dmit.  Counter was the issue. 
Second generation is up.  Still no luck adding my photos to the background slider - will wait until next addition.  Suspect the site will have pretty regular updates, format changes, etc.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net