BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Templates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Template, Layer inheritance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Template, Layer inheritance
    Posted: Jul 29 2016 at 10:07pm

http://guteprogramme.org/GP-Bild.htm

Should the visual property of a link (mouseover, ...) not be inherited to any page based on that layer?

Well, it does, and the appearance follows the specifations.
As can be seen in the example.
'Bild' ist underlined and of brown color, correct as specified.

The red 'arrow right' button switches to the next (sub-) page.
But there ist no appearance to see, even it the base layer is the same.
'Bild' should also be underlined and of brown color. But is not.

Also, I made that same experience with inherited layers.
The visible link apearance is not relayed/inherited at all.
It looks like the appearance is pending on the entrances of the (first) base laser only.
If I create a button, say the read arrow, wich ist not contained in that layer,
then that page, called by that arrow, does not inherit the specifiation/appearance of an 'active' page.
The read arrow was created on that particular page ('Bild') only, is not part of any layer.

Some details:
The base layer was constructed from scratch.
The read arrow was created on that particular page ('Bild') only.
There was no special 'style' included - but I'm going to change that.
One ist via 'Text'Link (working correctly), the other one -red arrow- (not operating als expected) is an 'Image'Link. But there is no difference if I use either one.
My guess is, that the entries in the base layer work as expected.

What did I miss?
Meanwhile I'm getting comfortable with openElement, very nice tool!

Thank you for help! And for enlightment!
Greetings -digizar-

Edited by digizar - Jul 31 2016 at 2:26pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2016 at 10:55am
Hi.

Let me explain you what the Active Link state means then you will see if you have any more questions.

Active Link applies to links cporresponding to the currently open ("active") page - that is, if you click such a link, you will reopen the same page you are on. For example, if you have a top menu in your Base Layer with links to website pages, you can use Active Link on all menu links to make the link corresponding to the currently open page look differently.

That is why "Bild" is only highlit when you are on the page corresponding to its link. If you want it to always be lit, you should configure its normal state.

digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2016 at 12:21pm
Thanks for relpy.
Well, I thnk I'm wrong in my thinking Confused
I thought, any page, derived from that base layer would be 'active' if it is displayed.

So, the red button points/links (and activates) to a page wich also has the base layer as basis; but is not contained in te link chain of the base layer.
Means that page was created exactly as any other page, cointained in the left navigation column.
The only difference is, tat this target page is not activated via the 'common link chain' of the base layer, but through a separate link from somewhere else. 

So, the 'active' state seems not to pend on the actual active visible page, but be pending on the calling link which is calling that page. And that link must be contained in the base layer.
Confusing, though, if I call that particluar targeted page direclty via the browser, it will also not be shown as 'active'. 
So there ist 'no active page' indicated, even if I see that selected page. Confused
That doesn't sound very reasonable for me, but makes the process obviously clear now.

If I could include the red button in the base Layer, it schould be fine.
The drawback is then, that this button ist displayed on every page (based on that layer).
Would be nice, to 'hide' or 'show' that button individually on each page, but modifying that button on an individual page seems not to be possible. May be I create a special layer for that purpose..

I am not in a hurry or under time pressure, as I already mentioned. I am retired since ten years now (77). In my active time I travelled the world with several big computer companies, including IBM and DEC. So I didn't give up yet LOL
If a might be of any help, it's ok.
The next 'improvement' comes with the content of tables, but that will be another, separate topic.

Would be nice, if you affirmate that my understandig is correct.
Then I will find a way to handle the 'red button' Big smile

Edited by digizar - Aug 01 2016 at 12:33pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2016 at 1:09pm
No, the "active  page" has absolutely nothing to do with the link that called it (there may be no link, if you open it directly).

The URL in the browser's address bar is used to get the page URL, then it is compared with the URL in a link having some special style for the Active Link state, if they match, the Active Link style is applied. In your case, the URL of the page was not equal to the link's URL (I checked).
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2016 at 2:45pm
Well, I understand, at least I think to understand. Confused
There might be 'some hidden info somewhere', which I don't know yet.
But I think I'll find a solution for that situation, an post it here.
I have time enough, and 'giving up' is not an option.
So far - I thank you very much for your support.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2016 at 8:11pm
If you know CSS, you can add a Code Block Source type CSS to you base layer for a class that you will then add to one of the links according to the page, something like:

.active-link {
  color: rgb(0, 200, 255); /* light blue - each Red, Green and Blue value are between 0 and 255*/
  font-weight: bold; /* bold text */
}

Then you put Custom Class in Properties of each link, ex. link1, link2 etc.

On each page you add a Code Block (Source) type JavaScript with something like:

$(function(){

$('.link1').addClass('active-link'); // apply styles defined for .active-link in the base layer
});

(it will be '.link2' to hilignt the link 2 etc.)

That's the most straighforward solution if you don't manage to make the links corresponding exactly to page URLs.
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2016 at 8:43pm
Thanks for the advice, makes life alot easier :-)

Sure, I know css and lots of html ...
But I don't know openElement in details yet.

I already thoght about some kind of drop-down menu.

My favorite tool was webeasy-prof, for years.
But it has its limitations when it comes to many many pages.
It does not have the ability to dynamically modify the derived pages, if the template ist modified.
Which, in my eyes, ist an important functionality.
So, a changed template layout must manually copied/carried into each page.
On the other hand, every page is completely independent, which gives tremendeous flexibility.
What, though, really nags is the comment of 'made by aqusaoft' in each page code. No, can not be removed or changed.

Edited by digizar - Aug 02 2016 at 8:45pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2016 at 8:17am
You can keep OE pages independent if needed. And if you master coding, you can do nearly everything not provided out-of-the-box, using Code BlocksSource/Visual.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic