BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Scripts for Your Website
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding disqus comments box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewSz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding disqus comments box
    Posted: May 25 2016 at 10:56pm

Hello,

Firstly, allow me to congratulate the creators of OpenElement on an excellent piece of software. Very nice program!

Secondly, I would appreciate an advice on embedding a disqus comments box into my webpage.

The problem:
I have a disqus profile with 20 comments. One of my webpages has a disqus comments box linked to that profile and all the comments are nicely displayed in that box on that webpage. 
I am currently designing a new webpage using OpenElement, and would like to set up a similiar comments box on my new webpage.
I have follwed the setup instructions for universal code provided by disqus, and a disqus comments box appears on my new webpage, but without the comments (the 20 comments from my disqus profile are not transfered into my comments box on my new webpage).

Following disqus on-line instructions, this is what I do:
1. I place the following code on my webpage using 'Code Block (Visual)':

<div id="disqus_thread"></div>
<script>
/**
* RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION VARIABLES: EDIT AND UNCOMMENT THE SECTION BELOW TO INSERT DYNAMIC VALUES FROM YOUR PLATFORM OR CMS.
* LEARN WHY DEFINING THESE VARIABLES IS IMPORTANT: https://disqus.com/admin/universalcode/#configuration-variables
*/
/*
var disqus_config = function () {
this.page.url = 'my_new_webpage.html'; // Replace PAGE_URL with your page's canonical URL variable
this.page.identifier = 'my_random_identifier'; // Replace PAGE_IDENTIFIER with your page's unique identifier variable
};
*/
(function() { // DON'T EDIT BELOW THIS LINE
var d = document, s = d.createElement('script');

s.src = '//drogadodomu.disqus.com/embed.js';

s.setAttribute('data-timestamp', +new Date());
(d.head || d.body).appendChild(s);
})();
</script>
<noscript>Please enable JavaScript to view the <a href="https://disqus.com/?ref_noscript" rel="nofollow">comments powered by Disqus.</a></noscript>

2. On my main/index page I place this code (source):

<script id="dsq-count-scr" src="//drogadodomu.disqus.com/count.js" async></script>

3. I set up disqus comments counts for non-link elements following this advice (I place this at the beginning of the main/index page): https://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/565624-tightening-your-disqus-integration

Any comments would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Andrew
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2016 at 11:58pm
Hi,

Please publish your website and give the link. Also, remove "async" from the second code block. And most importantly, use the Code Block (Source) type HTML - NOT Javascript (otherwise conflict with <script> tag).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic