BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Scripts for Your Website
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CSS and JavaScripts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CSS and JavaScripts
    Posted: Apr 22 2016 at 1:48am
Need help determining where are the modified CSS and JavaScripts files saved. I was working on the responsivecenter01 template and was testing it on different devices iPhone5s, iPhone6s, iPad, and desktop. The responsive template works fine with tablet and desktop. For smaller devices, the text lines don't wrap, they appear cut.

I thought I will have to manage this aspect by manipulating CSS and/or using javascript. If there is a easy way, please advise.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2016 at 7:53am
Hi.

For styles, select the element you want and use Styles->Personnalisation. In the latest OE version, you can use different styles for different media queries (size ranges). For JavaScript and other added code, you should use Code Blocks - Visual for what goes into the <body> and Source for special inserction points like inside the <head>. You can also write your own CSS code and event apply it in the Editor, but try to use integrated style handling first.
roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2016 at 3:01am
I tried following your instructions, and I could not find styles --> Personalization... 

I am using the ResponsiveCenter01 template, I was able to get the logo responsive, but I am failing to get the multi text in the subsequent sections fail to be responsive.  I also tried making the multiline text element height as responsive using tools menu, could not change the width as it was greyed out. 

The template provided works for me, the only limitation that I am getting into is the responsiveness to different device. I will be changing few things like background images, text, removing sections, etc.

Appreciate any help,  if someone could let me know what I need to do next. Step by step instructions would be very helpful.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2016 at 8:48am
Sorry, I've forgot it's called Styles->Customize in English. Styles is on the right where Elements and Properties are as well.

For a multiline text element, in Styles->Customize, set Height to "auto" (check the checkbox or just type auto to the right of Height), and Width to 80% (for example). You can also set Width for each window/screen size range using Media queries dropdown on the top of Customize.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic