BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Dynamic OE - Databases, etc
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - retrieve data from mysql into listbox or test box
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

retrieve data from mysql into listbox or test box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: retrieve data from mysql into listbox or test box
    Posted: Oct 06 2015 at 12:56am
OK - I hate to post questions as a newbie, but I've been trying to make a SIMPLE example of a blank page with a listbox and a text field populated with data from MySQL.  I am completely at a loss as to how to code this.

Can some one please give me a code example?

My database is laclinica and I am trying to get data from the patient table, column fname and lname
using tomcat on localhost port 8080.

Gary
GaryK
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2015 at 8:35am
Hi,

1) You can add a Code Block (Source) type Javascript and insert PHP to "generate" values and fill the fields.

2) You can use a Code Block Visual to write the combination of HTML and PHP to generate fields (without using OE elements), but then you will not be able to include these lists in the Send Email or Send Form (you would have to write your <form> by hand in the same Code Block). Inn fact yes you would be able to just move manually created tags into OE elements, then it would work.

If you need help with this, I can give you example code, but first tell what you have already, PHP+MySQL used to retrieve data.

Have a nice day
D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic