BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Change Layout Group of Elements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change Layout Group of Elements
    Posted: Oct 09 2021 at 3:34pm
Hi,

Still tweeking the personaldatahackathon.com website. (BTW , Digizar may be pleased to know that I changed the colors to -hopefully- allow for a better reading.)

* Although the page is done based on the Sensode black template, the question is generic so I post it in this forum

After the "Responsive Home" section (initial  image)  the following section two sections are:
  • Panneau Central "a propos" : The P Central is divided in two text columns set to cover all the width of the screen
  • Panneau Texte "a propos": This pannel is also divided in two sections but it's overall width is narrower than the previous one, and I cannot find how to broaden it.

The objective is to create a 3rd column in this Panneau Text to fit some logos, so that the overall width of the 3 colums is set to the same with of the prior pannel. I have no problem in creating the third column, but I cannot fit beside the previous two since the overall with of this Panneau Text is too narriow
Any indication on how to solve this would be more than welcome

Edited by WattJet - Oct 09 2021 at 4:43pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2021 at 9:20pm
Select pan_texte_a_propos_1

Look under styles, Customize, Dimensions Max Width: 1280px

You will find the same limit for the parent element pan_central_à_propos under styles, Customize, Dimensions Max Width: 1280px

WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2021 at 8:10am
Thanks Hobby001,

I managed to squeeze the three columns, but there is still a significant difference in the width of the overall screen and columns between two sections that I cannot manage to make look similar.

If you scroll down https://personaldatahackathon.com to "The Stages" section  you can see how the three columns are basically the same width.

The left hand column left limit starts below the "HOME" button  position of the menu and the right hand column right limit ends well beyond the ES position in the menu

However,  scrolling down to the following section after the slider you will see that
a) The left text column left limit starts much closer to the center below the "ABOUT" button  position
b) The right hand column right limit ends much further to the right than the one above

See image to clarify explanation https://imgur.com/a/77q9oDS

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

Al

Edited by WattJet - Oct 10 2021 at 9:21am
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2021 at 11:20am
If you removed these two width limit, I can't see what's left without wour project in hands.

Originally posted by Hobby001 Hobby001 wrote:

Select pan_texte_a_propos_1

Look under styles, Customize, Dimensions Max Width: 1280px

You will find the same limit for the parent element pan_central_à_propos under styles, Customize, Dimensions Max Width: 1280px

Open styles, customize to see the dimensions menu section

Select the first column

See if there is a width limitation.  If yes, make sure it is as per your requirements

Then press escape.  The parent element will then be selected, See if there is a width limitation.  If yes, make sure it is as per your requirements.

Repeat as long as you have parent element

Press escape
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2021 at 1:45pm
It worked!!
Thanks so much
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic