BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Error in starting OpenElement 1.57 R9

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ls_milkyway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error in starting OpenElement 1.57 R9
    Posted: Jul 26 2018 at 7:51pm
Hi !
             No errors while installing the App, but when I execute it I get error as shown: https://ibb.co/jmsJjT

ReasonThe United States Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140 standard defines cryptographic algorithms approved for use by US Federal government computer systems for the protection of sensitive data.

Hence: GPO Policy “Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options” : “System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing” is ENABLED by the Administrator.....which a standard user cannot disable.

Please Suggest a way to run the App as ADMIN refuses to disable it.

Thanks & Regards.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2018 at 9:51pm
Hi,

Did you try right-clicking the OE shortcut and choose Run as Administrator?
ls_milkyway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ls_milkyway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2018 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Dmit OE Dmit OE wrote:

Hi,

Did you try right-clicking the OE shortcut and choose Run as Administrator?

???????

Let me explain the situation:

1) I am standard user & I requested ADMIN to install OE for Web Development.....When I logged in to standard account, OE showed error on executing as stated above.....

2) I asked AMIN " Why OE was not installed correctly?"  He replied " OE was installed correctly without App displaying any ERROR during installation".

&

3) Finally he told me the error was due to App using FIPS non-compliant crypto algo like MD5 instead of SHA-1 SHA-256 etc.& he cannot alter it due to security settings enforced by Network/System admin......& provided me snapshot & other details so that I contact your forum to find a way....

As stated earlier: I don't have AdMIN password/Rights to install any APP.

But I can ask him to run app with Admin Privileges to check.

Thanks.

Edited by ls_milkyway - Jul 27 2018 at 2:18pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2018 at 4:13pm
If your system does not allow non-copmliant/obsolete crypting, I don't think you will manage to run OE on it..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ls_milkyway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2018 at 1:34pm

If your system does not allow non-copmliant/obsolete crypting, I don't think you will manage to run OE on it..
Shocked

Great! This GPO is also implemented by MOST OF  US GOV AGENCIES. They & I cannot use openelement Cry 

FYI: The same error is flashed when OE is executed by an ADMINISTRATOR.

Can you remind me if OE by any chance starts to use FIPS compliant crypto in near future (An update I mean)?

Thanks.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2018 at 1:47pm
It is not in the plans. And even if we manage to make OE pass this kind of security filters, we don't have resources to insure the safety of data on this level. Don't forget it's a free solution. (I wonder which tool can insure that, judging by amount of security holes found each month eveywhere.. it gets a bit out of hands).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ls_milkyway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2018 at 5:34pm

It is not in the plans. And even if we manage to make OE pass this kind of security filters, we don't have resources to insure the safety of data on this level. Don't forget it's a free solution. (I wonder which tool can insure that, judging by amount of security holes found each month eveywhere.. it gets a bit out of hands).

???
You just need to use SHA instead of MD5 ....THATS ALL....NO BIG DEAL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic