BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bringing dynamic element to the front

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2017 at 12:39pm
So....I had an old registered domain and published the current form of the website on it. 

The English page: http://www.hory-development.com/index.htm
The Romanian page: http://www.hory-development.com/RO-%20Index.htm

As you can see, the dynamic background appears perfectly on the English page, but not on the Romanian one, I think due to the cause that I mentioned in the original post.

Cheers again for helping me out!

PS: for my general knowledge, how can you realise what is wrong just by looking at some links? Can you access the code behind the pages?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2017 at 1:32pm
I see.. you've duplicated the page?

Why did not you use the multi-language system of OE? This allows to have the same page and just translate texts, in more complex cases you can also show or hide elements depending on the language (see the property Filter by Language). The languages are managed in Project->Preferences->Languages.

Otherwise, you will have to re-synchronize elements, in this case for the BackgroundSlider element (found above the page) you should re-set the target element where to show the slide (in this case WEa0d5875848). and I believe there is a number of other things to modify.
rain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2017 at 2:18pm
Thanks for the quick reply.

I did try to use the multi-language system at first; but it doesn't have Romanian. I added it as a custom language; but it didn't translate the navigation bar. So I imagined it would be best to duplicate the page.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2017 at 3:09pm
By navigation bar you mean the top menu? It's up to you to translate it, by going to the base layer. (it's certainly simpler than trying to redo it - you will most probably break the template, which is I think what has already happened for the cloned page.
rain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2017 at 9:13pm
I did it Smile

Being a complete noob; I didn't realise that you can manually translate the top menu, by accessing its layer. This solved my problem, as now I have no need to duplicate the homepage; and hence no more issues with the positioning of the Background slider. I played a bit with the dimensions of the elements in order to optimize them for smartphone screens as well; so now I'm good to go.

Many thanks to all you guys for the help.

Cheers!
Jedwardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jedwardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2019 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by rain rain wrote:

Many thanks again for your explanations and for taking time to help me, I really appraciate it. 

I opened a file from scratch and indeed the overlay position option appears for each element after right clicking. However for this template, the option doesn't appear; I have no idea why. Perhaps it has something to do with the coding for this particular template (SENSWhite). I'm thinking to write to the authors, perhaps they might have an idea.

I know this is an old post but if anyone else runs into this... I don't know the exact reason why but if you're using the sensode templates with the preloader layer, you have to delete the preloader layer if you want the right click menu "overlay position option" on elements. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic