BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Howto add a wiki

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abnellus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Howto add a wiki
    Posted: May 12 2017 at 6:07am
I not openelement homepage has a wiki and a this forum as part of the Site.

How do I add a wiki and a forum to my homepage?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 9:12am
Hi,

Both are not really part of (any) website, they are like supplementary websites and you just put a link to them. So, find and use Wiki and Forum packages/libraries/online services that suit you, and add a link to them. Google should help you better than I with this.
abnellus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abnellus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 9:28am
I have done this and I am trying to link to them via iframe,  however my iframe comes up blank.

I checked the wiki on iframe but that did not seem to give me what i was looking for.

I am obviously missing something is there a guide for iframe or is it meant to be another option?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 2:37pm
I don't recommend you linking them via iframe; just provide a simpel link to open them (in new tab if you wish).
abnellus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abnellus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 3:16pm
Unfortunately the site I am making really needs the wiki on the page.

Like the home page of openelement
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 3:25pm
Publish online somewhere (with your iframe attempt) and give the link to see what's wrong
abnellus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abnellus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 7:31am
sent pm
have not setup privacy settings etc for the website

abnellus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abnellus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 9:37am
all is good I figured it out

Alas PEBKAC was the issue

sorry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic