BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Languages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Languages
    Posted: Mar 23 2017 at 2:40pm
Not sure that I get the language thing. This is how I think it works and If I am wrong I am sure people will tell me

Ok, select languages you want translated through preferances. I chose German and Spanish with the default English.
On any given page I want translated I select the language of translation  from the drop down and click on the element I want to translate. The element selected, in this case text, will go opaque. 
I then past a translation of the original text into the elemment. So if someone has clicked say the spanish flag the server will choose the spanish text and not the default when loading the page.
I did notice that third party stuff like facebook and Disqus translated automatically, which is cool.
Is this basically right?
Also, and I think I am missing the tree for the forrest, how do I make the flags bigger?
Cheers, Spike
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2017 at 4:04pm
Hi.

There's a default language, the content (texts and some other things) you put in it will show in all languages when the alternative language content does not exist. When you switch to another language and modify some content, it is memorized for this language replacing the "default" content. What you describe seems correct as far as I understand what you mean.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic