BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Element Editor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help dynamically accessing properties in html

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samyoue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help dynamically accessing properties in html
    Posted: Feb 25 2017 at 10:47pm
Hi I'm creating an element which is populated by an object property defined in the editor, got everything just about working I think except whenever I access a property within a loop it seems to add a newline after it

Eg. The property value is

But what is written into the html is this
(without the ".")

As its mid HTML tag its causing errors...
I'll try to get an actual code snippet posted later (away from pc atm) but any ideas?

Thanks for any help,

Sam
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2017 at 12:42am
Hi,

I'ts a bug fixed in the latest beta version which you can alreayd use - with caution, I am fixing newly detected bugs at the moment, but for most project it seems operational.

http://forum.openelement.com/en/forum_posts.asp?TID=996&PID=4734&title=english#4734

Make sure to back up your projects and elements.

Do you plan to share your element?
Samyoue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samyoue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2017 at 2:18am
Thanks, that solved it... also seems to be a bug in dynamically generated tables having border spacing preset and I can't seem to override it...

Yes I'm planning on sharing it when its finished - its going to be a Tab element
on a side note, I'm struggling with containers - I'm after Accordion style generated containers but can't seem to get it working... any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Sam
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2017 at 7:59am
Could you please provide more details on the border spacing issue? I don't see at all what you mean.

Working with containers in OE may get difficult. I am not sure that Element Editor allows more than one container per element, though normally it should. What you can try in any case, is to ask user to put Groups of Elements inside your element, a little like in my RespPanel element (you can find it in SensBlack and SensWhite templates and look how it is made). Like this, users will be able to use their existing Groups, and choose for EACH Group whether its elements are positioned "absolute" or "relative". then you can use CSS and JS scripts to control the display of these Groups.

Samyoue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samyoue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2017 at 9:50pm
<table style=" border-spacing:0 px; background-color:cyan">
 <tr>
 <td>test</td>
 <td>number 2</td>
 <td>this is 3</td>
</tr>
</table>
creates the issue but adding a class to the row seems to fix it:
<table style=" border-spacing:0 px; background-color:cyan">
 <tr class="tabTop">
 <td>test</td>
 <td>number 2</td>
 <td>this is 3</td>
</tr>
</table>

I'll look into the groups idea and your reps panel later, cheers,

Sam
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2017 at 8:35am
You have space before px; try this:

<table cellspacing="10" style="border-spacing:0; ....>

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic