BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

problem with links in subfolders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problem with links in subfolders
    Posted: Dec 02 2016 at 7:03am
Hi
I created subfolders but when I linked to a subfolder page directly in the visual "link configuration" it didn't work.
I resolved using the "local" link even in "link configuration" and using relative links.

roberto
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2016 at 7:57am
Hi again,

This is strange. Maybe the page is not a part of this project (e.g. you created another project in that subfolder). Usually there's no problem linking pages in subfolders.
robsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2016 at 4:36pm
Thanks 
but yes: it is a part of the same project. But using local you resolve the problem.

Now I have another trouble a little more complicated: I created several subfolders in the folder Files/Image for different albums and different size images....but they are disappeared from the File Library : Files\Image

Here you see that the only subfolder seems "sferica thumbs"
http://ilariacamorali.it/casina/error/libreria.png

but in real there is another subfolder "sferica" who has 2 other subfolders "33" and "22". And I used them before to create this (and other 25/30 pages) page who has, as indicated by the red arrow, an image from the subfolder Files\Image\sferica\22
http://ilariacamorali.it/casina/error/freccia.png

subfolders who was created by OE when I added the pics and who are visible in windows explorer
sito ila\sferica\sferica\Files\Image\sferica\22\

I will try to create the link to the pics writing them, because unfortunately it's impossible copy and paste them.
bonne soir 
roberto
robsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2016 at 5:16pm
Hi
I resolved creating a new subfolder, because it's impossible digit the local address in the bottom of the "file library" window. I created a different subfolder from the one disappeared to avoid conflicts. Now it works. But the "old" subfolders are still not visible in the "File library" window.

roberto

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2016 at 1:19pm
I hav eno idea where it comes from. If you are stuck with these errors, I will have to connect to your machine using TeamViewer and see what happens by myself.
robsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2016 at 6:12pm
Thankyou very much, really.
If I'm the first who has these problems it means that it's not the software but something other.
I only hope to can work like all your users do and all the whole world people do.
Let's see if now I can.
Otherwise I will look for a software that I can install in a totally offline pc, because I tried with OE too but it was impossible.

roberto

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2016 at 11:24pm
Normally you can work with OE offline, except for certain features (element style skins library, SEO assistant reports). If you experience problems, please give more details (was it your thread about Error-10 messages?)
robsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2016 at 6:36am
Thanks again.
I tried to install it on an offline pc but I had troubles.
I will try again.

About Error10 it happens sometimes but it's not an insuperable problem, it's boring.
I have seen that it happened, for example, once that I updated a base page, I saved the page but not the whole project and after I opened a page who use that base.
But I have not a statistical number of cases to say "the problem is that". And I coinfess that now my main purpose is realize the project. After, I will concentrate better on the problems and will make tests to give you a more precise reply.

Anyway it's not a master problem, it's easily solved in few seconds and it doesen't happen so frequently to hinder the work. And it's not so boring to change software: OE is a nice and powerful software with genial solutions and, about this problem, the pros outweigh the cons.

roberto

Edited by robsi - Dec 04 2016 at 6:59am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2016 at 9:45pm
In this case, you should be able to work offline, but I may be wrong (some latest changes or other issue). Even if for some reason a connexion is required to install OE, it is not required to work with it, especially if a project is already created.
robsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2016 at 8:54am
You are right.
FInally I installed OE on a pc totally offline: I had troubles before because Net Framework was not 3.5 SP1.
And now OE works perfectly: no more Error10. It's obviuso then that it was an error linked with the connection.

Now everything is ok.

Thankyou very much!

roberto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic