BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Element Editor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thumbnails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KW_Counter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thumbnails
    Posted: Oct 24 2016 at 12:39pm
I need to place thumbnails of pictures in various places around a page.
I could not find this function in Open Element.
Is there an element for this? Where?
Thanks,
Rick
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2016 at 8:20pm
Hi,

By default, you can place elements where you want ("absolute" positioning mode), but certain templates are in "relative" positioning (which is mor ecomplex but much better for mobile-friendly layout). Did you start your project with a template? Can you demonstrate what you are trying to achieve, exactly?
KW_Counter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KW_Counter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2016 at 3:46pm
I did not start with a template.
Here is an example of what I want to do.
This page was created in Yahoo Site Builder which only works on their sites.
http://www.clearlakemodelers.com/OurMembers.html
By clicking on the picture it enlarges for better visibility. Back click to return.
This works well when placing pictures around another element.
Thank you for your help.
Rick
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2016 at 10:35pm
I would not say it "works".. it just opens the original image as if it were a page.

You have several options in OE. The most straightforward is to put Image elements with small images - thumbs where you want; then add the Image Zoom element configured to show bigger images for the corresponding smaller ones.

Otherwise there's a "custom" downloadable element that allows to make a gallery, in the beta version, you can find it here and see it working in the template SensBlack or SensWhite:

http://forum.openelement.com/en/forum_posts.asp?TID=841&title=new-elements-and-new-template-using-them

KW_Counter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KW_Counter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2016 at 11:56pm
Thank You for the assistance. Here is a link to the page I am creating:
http://condorsrcclub.com/FunFly-2016B.htm

I have run into two problems:

1) When setting the original images I can rotate them, if needed, under Styles/CSS3.
However, when creating the Zoom I cannot rotate them.
The field is available but its use prevents the zoom from happening.

2) When creating the Zoom I have the option to enter a Name and Description.
See the two pictures under "Our Friends"
I have not been able to find where to update these fields after they are created and saved.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Rick
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2016 at 8:07am
You can configure Zoom at any moment using the corresponding element which is at the top of the page (where all elements are that are not directly part of the page body); see its Properties once selected.

Try to rotate the image "p=hysicaly" with the element editor (I don't know why you would need to do it with styles). You can add some code to rotate ALL zoomed images but not only selected ones.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic