BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone implemented recaptcha?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone implemented recaptcha?
    Posted: Oct 21 2016 at 7:51pm
This is my first project in oE.  I have found the captcha element in oE.  But, I'd prefer to use reCaptcha by google.  I seem to be having issues getting it to work correctly without the ability to edit the html directly.   

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2016 at 9:45pm
Hi,

You can isert the code into Code Blocks - HTML, JS, CSS, PHP. This should be enough to not have the need to modify the code, at least in this case.

I'm not aware of anyone implemented the Recapthca on this forum...
BVBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BVBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2017 at 5:58pm
Hi,

Has anyone tried to implement reCAPTCHA yet? When I tried launching our new website, I had some complaints from users that the CAPTCHA  was too hard to read, so I have been trying to get reCAPTCHA to work. I can get it to show up on my contact and registration forms, but I cannot get the form to require the reCAPTCHA to submit the form. Can anyone provide suggestions on how to do this, or a make a tutorial video? I seem to mostly be having issues with the user response verification part, but detailed steps on the server side integration would be helpful too. (Google's guides for doing those are too generalized for my limited web design training from several years ago.)

Thanks.
BVBC
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2017 at 10:40pm
Hi,

We plan to add reCaptcha "soon", but it may mean weeks or even months.
If you have enough coding experience, you can meanwhile modify OE scripts directly (SendMail.php, SendForm.php etc.).
One more thing to do is to modify properties of OE's Capthca, to make it much easier to read (even if it won't be very good anyway), as well as changing its size (for this to work, you might need to use the new beta version, I believe there's still a bug in 1.56R4 concerning resizing this element)
http://forum.openelement.com/en/forum_posts.asp?TID=996&PID=4745&SID=5523189a412cc69cc21ez99bf116542790,9817939815&title=english#4745

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2017 at 10:43pm
P.S. One of French-speaking Canadian user managed to use reCaptcha but only on JavaScript size, which is better than nothign but only gives a partial protection. If you can get reCaptcha's response in JavaSctipt, you can for example affect a hidden checkbox value with jQuery and make this checkbox "required" for submit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic