BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Element Editor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New elements (and new template using them)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djju1029 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2016 at 8:03pm
I appreciate your great help!!!
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2016 at 10:32pm
I see your structure now. You should get the top menu out of your main Group (one with the page content), directly on the page like the background rectabngle frame (WE7c263aaa25). Otherwise you won't be able to control its position. You could increase z=index of the main Group (WEdc631a1f7a) but that would make the background sticky rectangle get behind the content as it scrolls.
skoro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2016 at 8:29am
Ok, i put both of them in the same content. But it looks like (i tried all the possibilities with changing top distance and so on) both stickys are fighting for position. Without including stickys, position is ok, when I added background in sticky, it change like it is on the picture :/ but when I scroll down, position is correct, image behind menu.

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2016 at 2:35pm
I need to check online again.. I think you are complicating something that can be done very easily (by combining background and menu into the same Group of Element and "sticking" this Group..
skoro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2016 at 2:35pm
Ok, give me 1min to put it online. I joined background image and menu into the same group but then sticky cut background image into the 980px, what is the width of page. I tried to change width from 980px to 100% but still, same result.

page is up: http://mamitest.netne.net/

Edited by skoro - Sep 30 2016 at 2:39pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2016 at 2:45pm
Just add a new Group of Elements, full-width (size it like your gray frame), then put the frame and the menu (in this exact order, to keep the menu above) inside. Then delete existing Sticky element and add a new one just for this new Group.
skoro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2016 at 4:34pm
I made a completeljy new group and added all things from header. Now it works, but menu is messed up, cannot center the menu (picture 01). In other case, if put group into the main containter(max 980px) then menu is showed correctly but background img is cutted down. In any case, it is not showing correctly.

I tried everything, I am just a percent away from working header but this one percent is killing me :/ I think best solution is the first one (group out of main containter) but it is necessary to center whole content, except background img...

edit: last version is updated.

Edited by skoro - Sep 30 2016 at 4:37pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2016 at 4:51pm
I thought you had your menu elements inside a Group as well. Put them into a Group (of the same width as your central content), then right-click this group to choose Centering->Horizontal
skoro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2016 at 5:00pm
Where to use right click and center? I put header group into the main containter.
edit: ok I already have been selected horizontal center.

edit2: I have now same problem as it is on the picture 2 on previous post...background img is cutted on the 980px.

Edited by skoro - Sep 30 2016 at 8:15pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2016 at 11:32pm
I will try to be clear:

You should get 2 "top-level" elements on the page:
 - the Group with your content (it now has ID WEdc631a1f7a)
 - the other Group "number 2" (not inside the first one like now!), you can use the one with ID WE47fb4c8e76, just put it outside, onto the page - you can manipulate using the Element Explorer on the bottom-left of OE.

Inside the Group number 2 (which should be 100% width) you should have 2 elements:
 - The gray "background" frame WE7c263aaa25
 - A Group of elements (does not exist yet, it's the one I suggested to create in my last post), where all the menu elements should be. Its width should be the same as the width of the content panel. It should then be centered horizontally.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic