BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Templates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Responsive-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Responsive-01
    Posted: Apr 28 2016 at 5:28pm
I am using responsive-01. I have set up base-menuretractable to have links to sections of the homepage across the top below a wide logo png. When one scrolls down the logo disappears, but the menu stays there. It works fine in desktop, but the text and links disappear on mobile. The bar is there, but not the links. I have a couple of other pages that I used that base layer in and when I follow the link to them in mobile the menu works just fine. Check it out, go to artkarbowski.com in chrome on your cell phone, then go to one of the galleries. I cannot figure out how to fix this and since I am using the some basemenuretractable on the home page and the gallery pages I'm not sure why they would act differently.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2016 at 10:37pm
Hi.

For me it doesn't work anywhere. Just try to reduce the browser window on your computer. It shoudl work as follows: when there's no place to show the menu and the small logo, the menu disappears and the button to open the "dropdown "mobile" menu appears (this menu is called "auto-menu" as it copies automatically the links from your horizontal menu).

Try to check what you could have broken for the button to not show anymore.

Also, try to use my slider element instead of the ancient galleries that can't adapt to screen size:

http://forum.openelement.com/en/forum_posts.asp?TID=455&title=skitter-slider-element-image-slider-carrousel
artk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2016 at 11:36pm
Ok, I see what you mean. That button was in the background. I moved it to the foreground and now that works. I prefer the way it looks on the gallery pages, though, with the full horizontal menu. I did check, though and when I retract the logo/menu on the gallery pages the menu bar disappears and just leaves an empty white bar. What I would like to happen is for that empty white bar to still show the menu and just get rid of the mini menu. Thank you for your response.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2016 at 4:51pm
You can force it to stay.Add a Code Block Source type CSS position Header (or use existing one and add  the code to the end):

.topMenuSub { display: block !important; } /* to override display:none set by JavaScript */

.miniMenuButton { display: none !important; } /* always hide mini-menu button */

Edited by Dmit OE - Apr 29 2016 at 4:52pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2016 at 4:52pm
P.S. Make sure there's no space after . before miniMenuButton
artk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2016 at 3:07am
Thank you, I'll try this.
Admaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2016 at 12:18pm
Hi,

I am new to this forum and to OpenElement, I really like the Responsive Template and ideally I'd like to start from scratch and create my own (I'm aware I can tweak this template but I'd prefer not to take this route).

Is anybody able to clarify how the menu retract actually works, I've been trying my best to break it by moving it down the page and by matching up all the settings to a website I've begun creating but I can't seem to fathom it out. Is anybody able to shed some light on this for me? 

I'm assuming there's code inbuilt somewhere that retracts it but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance,

Ad

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic