BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

undocking/docking side panels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0oseven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: undocking/docking side panels
    Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 12:08am
I was looking for a quick way to hide the side panels without using pinning.
I discovered a double click at top of panel would undock it and it would remember if it had previously been collapsed. So that made a good way to get what I wanted.

In using this one of the pwnels on the left was undocked but now nothing happens when I double click on it to return to its original position. Closing the project does not reset anything.

website is attached for you.

Sorry ! - No it's not - just found I cant attach the file.

0oseven View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0oseven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 12:53am
I just restarted OpenElement and created anew blank project and that panel - which is the element explorer - is still floating and will not redock by double click.

Also please  - what are the strange navigation icons that appear when I grab the panel ?
It doesn't seem possible to use them as they disappear as soon as I relelase the mouse button. 

Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 2:56am
Hey 0oseven,

So you have a couple of different options. 

You discovered one by double clicking on the panel. It becomes detached and you can move it to wherever you want. To return it to its original docked location, just drag it to the left (assuming you are still talking about the element explorer and not the elements menu which is on the right). Those strange navigation icons are actual positioning options. Drag the menu over the icon that denotes the desired location (left right top bottom) and release the mouse button there. It'll dock the menu wherever you tell it to go.

Second option, look at the very top of the openElement window. Click on the gears icon to the left of the help (?) icon.  From the dropdown menu, select restore default layout. All the menus and panels should go back to zero.

If you want them to take up less space you can also click on the pin on the upper right of each panel. This will collapse the menus and expand them when you hover over them with the cursor.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more trouble with that.
0oseven View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0oseven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 8:33am
Thanks Chris - with your help I now understand how it behaves.

What would be nice is a one click button to close / reopen  all panels so you can see the full screen quickly.

I judge that to do this with the current navigation requires 3 sepearte operations to minimise ( and even possibly have to shrink the panels) and 3 more to get them back - not an easy workflow.

The left panels are not grouped so have to be actioned seperately.

Dont know if full screen one click is possible but would be very handy - as sites these days are often built outside the conventional because of the high res and big screens beinbg used.

cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic