BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Suggestion Box
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Merge Cells in a Table

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sareinke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Merge Cells in a Table
    Posted: Feb 08 2016 at 4:41pm
I looked all over for a way to merge cells in a table. I tried a <ctrl>click to highlight more than one cell and tried other things. If I missed it, then I apologize.
SAR
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2016 at 4:57pm
Hi,

No, this operation is not supported (which is effectively a big drawback). You can use jQuery code to force the merge (not applied in the editor). If you really need a table (and not a combination of Element Groups inside a "container" Element Group in "Relative" positioning mode, which has certains advantages), I may look into it.

You can also write your own HTML code in a Code Block (Visual) to create the table you need.
sareinke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sareinke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2016 at 5:45pm
Need is a strong word. I don't use tables that often so I'll make do. For my application, I created a table and put a single line text box on top and matched the dimensions. It looks the same.

I've just started using OE and I'll check into using the Code Block. Thanks for your quick response.
SAR
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic