BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Websites Created with OpenElement
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My business website

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My business website
    Posted: Aug 30 2015 at 1:56pm
First of all I like to thank the OpenElement team for creating and sharing this wonderful piece of software. Nothing comes close to this. I know because i,ve tried a bunch of other wysiwyg website builders. If you plan on creating your own website and have zero zero experience with website building, this is the way to go. Made my business website in one day. The software is stable, very intuitive and meets every need.

rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2015 at 1:59pm
Forgot to mention my website.

http://www.twinaxles.com/
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2015 at 8:31am
Hi,

I find it light and nice, good job. The only problem is that it has a fixed width and is not well-fit for devices with small screen. But "responsive" websites are much harder to make, if you don't have experience it may get rather difficult. Unless you manage to work with the template Responsive01.

Have a nice day
D
rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2015 at 12:56am
Thanks D.

Yes responsive websites are to be made by professionals. I'm still far away from being a professional, but i'm learning.

Question, maybe you can help me out. How can I make the position of a text box fixed. I saw the option in oE but I can not activate it.

Many thanks in advance.   
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2015 at 9:39am
rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2015 at 5:33pm
I'm currently working on my business website. I'm working on the layout and the content. It will be up and running in October this year.

I hereby want to thank Dmit for his great support and I hope OpenElement will grow further. As I said earlier it's the best software you can get if you want to create decent websites, especially for people who don't want to spend their valuable time to learn code.

I wanted to create and maintain my website myself. Tried several other programs but they all lacked basic options and were not intuitive.
Thanks again oE

rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2015 at 1:54pm
My website is up and running.

Check it out!
rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2015 at 1:54pm
WWW.twinaxles.com
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2015 at 2:03pm
You should fix the top black panel, it is not centered - try to go to Styles->Customize and type "auto" in the "Left Distance", and modify its width a bit as well to correspond to the content width.
rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2015 at 3:11pm
Hi D,

Many thanks for the advice. I don't want the width of the black panel to be as narrow as the content. A text box is 568 pixels wide. The width of the black panel will be too narrow if I made it 568 pixels. Plus I want to add more stuff later on the sides of the content. I did let some well known webdesigners here in my country (Suriname) look at the website. They all agreed that the design is acceptable.
In the meantime i will surely consider your advice, especially when i add more stuff later and this design doesn't keep up.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic