BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

securing page with user

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: securing page with user
    Posted: Aug 20 2015 at 12:05pm
i did several pages for my home page. and i vanted to secure one of them by user name and password.

if i open the webpage with browser over different ip( like whole world sees it) 
if i press a button(link to the page) it asks audentification. and i out in my user details(name and pw)
and it does not let me to the page. it asks username and pw again, and over and over again.

what i do wrong.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2015 at 12:47pm
Hi,

Please give more details. How did you secure the page, did you use the option provided by openElement? First to modify the protection and to put some very simple username and password (ex. "a" and "a"), publish the website in the Complete mode.

(By the way, how did you upload your website? You should never upload the contents of the project folder directly, use either Publish or Export to folder).

Have a nice day
D
matuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2015 at 12:55pm
i used the option  in openelement.  my username and password was wervy simple. i tried to publish in complete mode and conf files also.

i uploaded the site with openelement publisher, it is set to upload to my own server via ftp.
where the Wamp is installed and  running my homepage
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2015 at 1:03pm
For thsi option to work, the test of the hosting server needs to run to obtain the exact phuysical path to the website root and to the "password file". There is probably a problem there.

Here's what I suggest:

- Use "Export to folder"

- In the result, open in a text editor the .htaccess file, and check the path to the .htpassw file; fix it if needed, so that it corresopnds to your folder structure on the server

- Upload/copy the result manually

If nothing works, consider the alternative kind of protection via Packs (the tab on the right -> packs Userspace01, there's a link to the Wiki to double-click and see how to proceed). You need to run the "Simplified automatic installation", then open once the "Administration" page wherever the website runs (local preview AND online) to initialize the system, then add the Pack 50 onto every page you want to protect.
matuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2015 at 1:31pm
the htpassw file path is correct. in server and exported folder (i didnt have to correct it, it was right).

my website folder is e:/wamp/www 
and the htpassw file is located also in there. and the path in htaccess is also same.

i am not advanced user so i have to do a extra hard work for something to go right. :P

i want to share a private page with friends or users that i have allowed.
i dont want that users can create  login an see them enyway.

Edited by matuest - Aug 20 2015 at 1:49pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2015 at 3:12pm
There is an option to validate new accounts by administrator - in which case noone will be able to create accounts without your confirmation. You can also hide the link "Create new account" / "I don't have account yet".
matuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2015 at 4:25pm
how to hide the link. i thinked about it but maybe i broke some php lines if i do it wrong.

and how can i create the users.

second problem i have is that i disabled right click, but there is still able to  drag image from browser to desktop. how to prevent users to do that (protect pictures somehow).

i really like the openelement, i have tried much of them(webdesin tools,,freeware or trials)  and this one i like most. easyest for newcomer and simple enough to manage with some hard work(noob like me :P)

and is it able to link files from my ftp server to the webpage.(so that i dont have to hold big files in www folder if they are in my ftp server(same computer)

Edited by matuest - Aug 20 2015 at 4:30pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2015 at 4:34pm
There is absolutely (even theoretically) no way to prevent users from getting your images. You can complicate this task a little, but it still remains rather easy, using the tools that modern browsers provide.

Do not touch any PHP - Packs are made for you to not worry about it. Just edit the Login page in openElement - click on the link to hide then in Properties on the right uncheck "Visible".
asfaliszoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asfaliszoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2017 at 6:46pm
Guys, i was in need for the same thing today.
Followed your advice, everything is set ok, i uploaded via FTP my website, created a new user (as test), received the verify link to my email, clicked on that link in order to verify the user and received a 404 error.

After that, i tried to access the admin.php, thinking that maybe i could complete the registration that way, but i received ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS (Chrome) Cry
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2017 at 9:04pm
Hi,

I need at least the link to the oncerned pages and eventually the Admin password (via a private message)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic