BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pop-up menu do not work on Edge and FF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pop-up menu do not work on Edge and FF
    Posted: Sep 22 2021 at 2:53pm
I have been trying to update a project and I've added a pop-up menu to the Base.htm for use everywhere on the site.  Previewing the site in IE works perfectly, previewing in FF and Edge shows the menu doesn't work.  The pop-up will not display.

I have it tied to a simple little png icon and I've even tried tying it yo a single text line, but that doesn't work either.

Any thoughts as to why this happens and how to fix?

Thank you
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2021 at 8:25pm
Please provide a link to the site
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2021 at 8:33pm
Otherwise test your browswers with this page:  https://denislafrance.net/testJQ.htm

FF, Chrome and Edge are good with it from here

Edited by Hobby001 - Sep 22 2021 at 8:34pm
AGC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2021 at 5:32am
I will try that link and follow up with you.

Thank you.
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2021 at 5:17pm
The issue when trying to troubleshoot a page is that without accessing it, I can't see the error messages from the console neither manipulate it to fix the problem.
AGC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2021 at 8:27pm
https://agcsolutions.us/Testing.htm.

It does not open the menu on hover or click.
AGC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2021 at 8:35pm
Oddly, I had to reload it and now it works in FF on the site, but not in preview.

AGC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2021 at 8:56pm
I really do not understand what is happening, but now it is working in the IDE and served pages.  Thank you none the less.
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2021 at 9:18pm
Suggestion, use Media Editions to manage text and element size in order to ensure readability (Responsiveness) on smaller devices.

You may take some time to view my YouTube play list on OpenElement  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWg7A6YtIr7WE2oJe9pX8_3u0FerqJwjo

Edited by Hobby001 - Sep 23 2021 at 9:19pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2021 at 2:27am
Browsers use to store pages in their cashe memory therefore the changes are not displayed since the old page persist.

When you experiment something like that, prss <Ctrl><F5> to clear the cashe then the browser will load the newer page version.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic