BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum openElement Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Websites Created with OpenElement
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sensblack menu (MOBILE VS DESKTOP)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sensblack menu (MOBILE VS DESKTOP)

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
canadianwildfruit View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Juin 2021
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadianwildfruit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sensblack menu (MOBILE VS DESKTOP)
    Posted: 15 Juin 2021 at 20:33
I am getting back into website design and I found openelement and thoroughly enjoy working with it. My first project is going well, however, the desktop version when viewing in Chrome or Edge etc, looks the way I developed it, however when I view on my smartphone one of the new links I added "More info" that appears on the desktop browser does not appear at all on smartphone viewing.   In addition, the 3 signature horizontal line that appear on the smartphone do not appear on the desktop browser and I have no idea how to edit that particular entry in openelement. I have edited the SENSCODE template within openelement , the heading that read "NEWS" to "PRODUCTS" which shows fine on the desktop browser, but the mobile browser still read as "NEWS" - i could not find this either in openelement to edit so I used an HTML editor and manually changed that "NEWS" entry to "PRODUCTS" in my index.htm. Also , within that same mobile browser, the HOME button link refers to "index.dat", and comes up as an invalid link - I can't find a way either to change that within openelement editor.

Any suggestions for this openelement rookie would be greatly appreciated, thank you

the website is https://www.wildblueberries.net


Edited by Hobby001 - 16 Juin 2021 at 05:19
Back to Top
canadianwildfruit View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Juin 2021
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadianwildfruit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Juin 2021 at 20:39
sorry, template is SENSBLACK, my apologies
Back to Top
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05 Juin 2018
Location: Canada, Québec
Status: Offline
Points: 5779
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Juin 2021 at 05:27
Welcome to this forum,

Originally posted by canadianwildfruit canadianwildfruit wrote:

I am getting back into website design and I found openelement and thoroughly enjoy working with it. My first project is going well, however, the desktop version when viewing in Chrome or Edge etc, looks the way I developed it, however when I view on my smartphone one of the new links I added "More info" that appears on the desktop browser does not appear at all on smartphone viewing.

On this template there are two different menu, one for desktop and one for smaller devices.  To access the mobile menu, open the base_menu layer, click on the pop-up Menu on top of the working area.  If you don't know how to edit this element refer to the wiki

Originally posted by canadianwildfruit canadianwildfruit wrote:

 
 In addition, the 3 signature horizontal line that appear on the smartphone do not appear on the desktop browser and I have no idea how to edit that particular entry in openelement. 


Can you be more explicit on the subject I have no idea of what lines you are talking about?  What page? Where?

Originally posted by canadianwildfruit canadianwildfruit wrote:

 

I have edited the SENSCODE template within openelement , the heading that read "NEWS" to "PRODUCTS" which shows fine on the desktop browser, but the mobile browser still read as "NEWS" - i could not find this either in openelement to edit so I used an HTML editor and manually changed that "NEWS" entry to "PRODUCTS" in my index.htm. Also , within that same mobile browser, the HOME button link refers to "index.dat", and comes up as an invalid link - I can't find a way either to change that within openelement editor.

Any suggestions for this openelement rookie would be greatly appreciated, thank you


Never use an html or text editor to change an openElement page, openElement will overwrite your changes every time you save or publish the site.

By headings I guess that you mean the menu buttons.  The two menus (mobile and desktop) are configured in the base_menu layer.  Open this layer to access it.

Originally posted by canadianwildfruit canadianwildfruit wrote:

 

the website is https://www.wildblueberries.net


P.S. I renamed your post to make it easier to search.

Back to Top
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05 Juin 2018
Location: Canada, Québec
Status: Offline
Points: 5779
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Juin 2021 at 05:29
Try to limit each topic to one question.  It's easier to answer to one question than to modify a post to split it in several questions as I needed to do here.


Back to Top
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05 Juin 2018
Location: Canada, Québec
Status: Offline
Points: 5779
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Juin 2021 at 05:31
If not done yet, I suggest that you take a look at my Youtube playlist on openElement tutorial:


P.S. It's good to hear from another canadian on this forum


Edited by Hobby001 - 16 Juin 2021 at 05:33
Back to Top
canadianwildfruit View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Juin 2021
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadianwildfruit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Juin 2021 at 19:42
Thank you all for your guidance. 

Back to Top
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05 Juin 2018
Location: Canada, Québec
Status: Offline
Points: 5779
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Juin 2021 at 21:44
Could you solve all your issues?


Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.11
Copyright ©2001-2012 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0,031 seconds.